• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock questions...

Where is the best (inexpensive) place to buy factory mags for the glock 17?

I see the Korean mags all the time but are they up to snuff as far as glock reliability?

Ed's Pawn in Stockbridge has Factory Glock mags, 5 for $100. They always have them in stock. Botach Tactical has them a little bit cheaper online, when they're in stock.

With genuine Glock mags available at $20 or under a pop, I wouldn't waste my time with the knockoffs.

Glocks are "Cop Proof" if they can stand up to a bunch of cops they are very reliable.
If something can be torn up a bunch of cops will tear it up FAST.
Ive never had a glock not work except for ammo failure.

Watched a dude use a modified glock and wore out the unlimited class in a recent match.

Handloading and Glocks? I can't make myself even consider a Glock because only with an aftermarket barrel, or some kind of mod, will they shoot handloads safely. I've seen a lot of post about "cheap reloads" being the problem when people have issues with their Glocks. I'm glad unsupported chambers and poly rifling doesn't seem to be necessary in my 1911s', XDs' and M&Ps'. I own, load for, and shoot several. I can't stand people running down "reloads." I recognize ignorance, and just plain "snobs" when I read their post, or hear them speak. I'll take my ammo over any factory load everytime. I know I'll stir the ire of many Glock owners that read this. That's not my goal. Just please layoff running down "reloads" if you really don't understand why they don't function in your "GLOCK". I'm not running down your Glock because they won't shoot quality hand crafted ammo safely, am I ? Thanks' ChuckDog.

Last edited:
A glock will run any ammo, reload, or factory. My buddy has a g-36, and has probably ran 50lbs of wheel weights through it, without a hitch. Clean your weapon when you are done with it, and maintain it properly, and you can shoot rocks out of it

Handloading and Glocks? I can't make myself even consider a Glock because only with an aftermarket barrel, or some kind of mod, will they shoot handloads safely. I've seen a lot of post about "cheap reloads" being the problem when people have issues with their Glocks. I'm glad unsupported chambers and poly rifling doesn't seem to be necessary in my 1911s', XDs' and M&Ps'. I own, load for, and shoot several. I can't stand people running down "reloads." I recognize ignorance, and just plain "snobs" when I read their post, or hear them speak. I'll take my ammo over any factory load everytime. I know I'll stir the ire of many Glock owners that read this. That's not my goal. Just please layoff running down "reloads" if you really don't understand why they don't function in your "GLOCK". I'm not running down your Glock because they won't shoot quality hand crafted ammo safely, am I ? Thanks' ChuckDog.

I haven't had this problem with my Glock at all. I have reloaded ammo for close to 20 yrs and never had a problem firing them. A friend of mine recently bought a G21sf and was told by the shop that he couldnt shoot reloads or lead ammo. I read through his owners manual and found nothing to support the shop's claim. There was the standard "Glock recommends only using quality factory loads and can not be responsible for use of reloads" or something similar. If anyone else has seen otherwise, please post. I have litterally run thousands of rounds through mine and many were lead and reloads. NEVER HAD THE FIRST ISSUE.

Last edited:
Hey Bill,

If you want a reliable, corrosion resistant, quality gun, you want a glock.

I presently own 2 Glocks, a 27 and a 30. I will never buy another 9mm because it's too easy to buy a .40 and the conversion barrels, giving you 3 caliber options(9, .40 and .357 sig) on one platform. With the 9mm conversion you have to buy the magazines to go with the barrel but otherwise you are good to go. The Lonewolf Conversion barrels are available at Cheaper than Dirt for $99.97. There are several different makers available but that's the best price I've found. My Lonewolf 9mm barrel locks up, feeds and shoots perfectly in my Glock 27.

Another bonus you get with Glock is magazine interchangeability. If you own a compact or subcompact Glock you can use the bigger magazines. In my 27 I routinely carry with a 9 rd magazine with the plus 1 extensions and have a 13 round Glock 22 magazine for a backup. I just ordered 2, 13 round G21 magazines for my G30 and the spacer to make the mag feel like an extension of the gun and not just a chunk sticking out. Along with the reliability, ergonomics and finish, I love the versatility of Glock.

As for the KCI magazines. I snapped up several from Cheaper than Dirt at $9,97 for 2. Took them to the range and they functioned fine with a few minor hangups while loading. No feed problems. Loaded 2 and

Back
Top Bottom