• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock sights! any reccomendations?

gh00747

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   1
Reaction score
Hey guys just got me a new Gen 4 G19, I had truglo low tritiums on my gen 3 liked them alot, now I'm looking at getting a ghost ring setup, or some TFO's not really impressed with trijicons... thanks in advanced!

I would recommend picking something other than a 3-dot or ghost ring set. What I mean is, get something that only has a tritium and/or fiber optic dot on the front sight. You want your eyes to focus on the front sight and eliminating the useless rear dots helps me do that. I have tried a handful of different sight sets on my G17 which I use for GSSF and as a night-stand gun and that is the conclusion I have come to. Personal preference is Ameriglo I-dots/I-dot pros (which do have 1 tiny rear tritium dot) or Warren Tacticals Tritium front/plain rear set.

I agree with personal prefrence, but like BLBULLET said something with a bright front sight or contrasting color sounds good. I will be using this gun primarily for IDPA shooting, and or some carry use...But the trijicons are really lame IMO i think you just pay for the name...anyone do IDPA and have an aftermarket sight setup

It's definitely going to be personal preference but for the guys recommending 3 dot sight sets: have you ever used anything else? Not trying to be offensive I just can't see how someone could prefer them over a Warren set or Ameriglo I-dots for example. The guy says he will use the gun for IDPA and carry which means a fast clean sight picture is key and while Glock factory sights will definitely work they are not the best.

Back
Top Bottom