• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock trigger cheap upgrade

Smoothie

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations to make a G19 or G42 trigger better? I got a 3.5lb connector for the 19, didn't notice a difference. Not looking for trigger replacement, just to make it smoother. Kind of like the old Keltec "fluff and buff" treatment.

@Bear44

Do a 50cent trigger job. There is information and videos online. Take a dremel and polish all the metal to metal contact points in the trigger mechanism and then add a drop of oil to each surface. Usually drops the pull weight from 5.5 to 5lbs and makes it buttery smooth.

I've been tinkering with both my Gen 4 glock 19 and 34 recently. The .25 cent trigger job did absolutely nothing to either one of mine and I polished the crap out of all mating surfaces. 1200 then 2000 then polish. Zero change. what did make a difference was a Ghost Ultimate 3.5lb connector.
Now the 19 is slightly under 3.5 and the 34 is slightly under 4lbs.

and to add to my previous post.....I also changed striker springs to 4.5lb, installed a Zev reduced safety plunger spring and put a sexy nice radius on the safety plunger on my lathe. all that added up to the trigger pull weights I have but the most noticeable difference was the Ghost connector

Go double diamond.
The ghost has no wall and is squishy all the way through.
The double diamond you feel a wall and a nice break.
Also use an enhanced safety plunger.

Shoot the **** out of it and you're golden.

Back
Top Bottom