GMC rant! Government motors refusal to repair an obvious engineering flaw

Haven't had any issues with my tahoes,Burbans but did buy a new C6 Corvette come summer time turned on A/C blew hot air on passengers side cold on driver.Dealership said entire dash had to come out to repair told them **** you keep it.Paid 60k for a pos called Detroit raised HELL with them they gave me a new replacement Corvette.Just had a 2012 z71 blew transmission out of it at 33000 miles didn't take it back either got a newer 2014 POS Z71 hate it they don't build them like they use to!

The window in the back is manual and operated with a pushbutton.

The auto glass company wouldn't touch it because they couldn't warrant a repair.

My Yukon is at 122000 miles so I'll get ready for the tranny rebuild! All things considered that's not bad mileage for a tranny.

Made the repair by removing the window and preping the area really good and slapping it all back together with JB Weld Clear Epoxy. The glue GMC used did not hold up and for whatever reason every single complaint deals with the passenger side only.

I have thought about buying Toyota!

I am not talking about a piece of molding come off the 10yr old Yukon and would understand no coverage to repair. It's the back glass for christs sake! The back glass should not come apart at any point in its life! Especially when it gets little to no use whatsoever. Whats next the other pieces of glass or the windshield.

This isn't the only problem I have had with this Yukon either.
Dash gauge potentiometers fualty causing the speed gauge to display different speeds while driving.
Battery died and caused the memory seat module to lose its software so dealer had to reload.
Auto dampers in ducts currently malfunction and cause hot air to blow rather than cold randomly.
Air indicator in tire is bad giving a low tire and needs air warning.
Then of course there's the back window that just fell off the hinge.

I have a '13 Tundra that started shaking violently at 60mph with ~1500 miles on the ODO.
Since then it has had 3 alignments, 4 pressure balances, a new Rack and pinion assy. and we are on the second set of tires....

I blame the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd for the rampant mediocrity

Oh, and the Odometer just turned 9K

We have a Honda CRV with lift hatchback & all the push buttons. One of them releases the back window , which pops open a little bit, then you can lift it all the way open......We rarely use it, too, but have never had any problem with it. All the electric defrosters, rear wipers, & stuff still working great, too. Hated going Honda, but we've had so many constant, persistent, various & asunder problems with Jeep Cherokees (Chrysler) & GM products ,we decided to do something different. Meanwhile my old F-250 , HD 4X4 keeps on trucking......my last problem was starter wore out after almost 30 years & it cost me a whopping $27.00 ( with 'core' trade in) for a new one & about an hour's work!

chevy and GM's older models have awesome powertrain but the do-hickeys and interior stuff is crap. i had to fix my door drivers door hinge in my 97 s10.

but honestly what did you expect seeking help from an "american" company that had to rely on the government to use tax payer money to bail them out (and then move plants to mexico)

ford sucks these days to. get a freaking nissan or toyota

The window in the back is manual and operated with a pushbutton.

The auto glass company wouldn't touch it because they couldn't warrant a repair.

My Yukon is at 122000 miles so I'll get ready for the tranny rebuild! All things considered that's not bad mileage for a tranny.

Made the repair by removing the window and preping the area really good and slapping it all back together with JB Weld Clear Epoxy. The glue GMC used did not hold up and for whatever reason every single complaint deals with the passenger side only.

I have thought about buying Toyota!

I am not talking about a piece of molding come off the 10yr old Yukon and would understand no coverage to repair. It's the back glass for christs sake! The back glass should not come apart at any point in its life! Especially when it gets little to no use whatsoever. Whats next the other pieces of glass or the windshield.

This isn't the only problem I have had with this Yukon either.
Dash gauge potentiometers fualty causing the speed gauge to display different speeds while driving.
Battery died and caused the memory seat module to lose its software so dealer had to reload.
Auto dampers in ducts currently malfunction and cause hot air to blow rather than cold randomly.
Air indicator in tire is bad giving a low tire and needs air warning.
Then of course there's the back window that just fell off the hinge.
Yep Toyota has had more cars recalled than any car manufacturer in history "just saying"

As someone who has been driving Chevys since 1982. I am very happy with the service I have received from them.

I now own 3 Chevy trucks, an 03 Avalanche Z-71 (w/ 225,000 miles), a 99 Silverado Z-71 (w/ 328,000 miles) and an 02 2500HD 4x4 (w/221,000 miles). All are paid for and all have given me great service.

Of course, I don't nit-pick over every little thing. The gauge cluster went bad on the 03 (common problem) and GM offered extended coverage for this because it is a common problem. Mine was past the coverage offered, so I spent the $125 to have it repaired myself.

Not having a $700+ car payment means you have to make little repairs yourself. A starter here, an alternator there. Just replaced the AC compressor on the Avalanche ($400) doing the work myself. It's just the way it is. You want GM to fix everything on their dime, buy a new one and make the high monthly payment.

As someone who has been driving Chevys since 1982. I am very happy with the service I have received from them.

I now own 3 Chevy trucks, an 03 Avalanche Z-71 (w/ 225,000 miles), a 99 Silverado Z-71 (w/ 328,000 miles) and an 02 2500HD 4x4 (w/221,000 miles). All are paid for and all have given me great service.

Of course, I don't nit-pick over every little thing. The gauge cluster went bad on the 03 (common problem) and GM offered extended coverage for this because it is a common problem. Mine was past the coverage offered, so I spent the $125 to have it repaired myself.

Not having a $700+ car payment means you have to make little repairs yourself. A starter here, an alternator there. Just replaced the AC compressor on the Avalanche ($400) doing the work myself. It's just the way it is. You want GM to fix everything on their dime, buy a new one and make the high monthly payment.

I was a hardcore GM Fan until I went shopping for a new truck in '13...

GM brought nothing to the table worth buying.
which is sad considering they had a preference and the issues with Dodge, Ford, and Toyota

Back
Top Bottom