• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going fishing near Cherokee NC and have no idea how to catch a trouts

You don't have to spend a lot of money. Any rod will do. Live bait or corn. Back in the day fishing public streams were very slow. I don't know how it is now. The pay to fish ponds were always great. But not cheap. But you could catch a mess of fish in just a little bit

They also aren't tough fish. If you are gonna eat em, don't worry about that. If you are gonna release them though, get the hook out quickly are carefully and get em back in the water fast or they'll die very quickly. Not like catfish that you can throw on the bank and they live long enough to grow legs and walk back in.

We eat whatever we catch or kill. I’m hoping we catch enough to do so.

im with others' opinions on the natural bait. I've had good luck also with the little jighead Trout Magnets. With and without using small floats.
I don't know why but catching trout, especially little brookies, ranks almost up there with finding arrowheads or antler sheds.. Good luck and have fun with it!

First and second, double check and make sure you're licensed correctly. A lot of tribal and fed land(especially around water)

Long story short, native leo love handing out pay on the phone fines

A #10 baitholder with a cricket on it ain't bad. A few split shot a couple feet up the line may be necessary. Keep your line tight as it drifts back down past you.

Ended up going to a pay trout pond so my son could catch a few. After he put 6 in the bucket we paid the $90 damn dollars and left. I don't care if I never see another Trout. Or Cherokee NC.

Back
Top Bottom