• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gonna try and unstick my oil rings in my Honda

Well the MMO didnt seem to phase the oil consumption. Im sitting in the car right now running the BPR through it for 10 mins. Fingers crossed....again :sad:

Welp. First treatment of BG didnt do a thing either. I emailed BG about it and a rep called me the following day. I told him what was going on and asked if he ever had instances/customers that took multiple treatments to break up the carbon. He said yes. So Ive got a quart of the stuff on the way and Im gonna let the car idle for a minimum of 30 mins (did 20 mins last time) and see what happens. Might even go an hour if Im feeling lucky. And I may do another MMO pre-soak from the top side before running it with the BG.

Not recommending this, but I will do a very mild drive around the block.
I would but Id need an oil analysis prior to so I know what viscosity Ive got. Not worth the risk but ya Id love to. After seeing the consistency of the oil that came out the first time, Id be scared to put any load on the bearings.

Pretty sure they used low tension oil rings to reduce friction. They allow a small film of oil to stay on the cylinder wall and it burns in combustion. The only symptom is oil consumption. Running a thicker oil is the only alternative to a hone and re-ring.

Back
Top Bottom