• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good Day! Calling Advice?

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Went to my property yesterday with my sons to shed hunt. Found two skulls, no sheds, saw a gang of thunder chickens, had them on trailcam also. I am not an avid turkey hunter because I live on the lake and love to fish also. Going to try to get a gobbler in next two days. Not really an experienced caller and any advice from you seasoned guys is appreciated.
IMG_20200325_203326_673.jpg
IMG_20200325_204807_427.jpg
IMG_20200325_203326_678.jpg

Find the sign, all the scratching. Take you an old trusty box call and sit up shop. Hunt them like deer and call a little bit. If you can get one to gobble mid day set up on him he mostly likely doesn’t have any hens with him and he will be easier to get. But if your hunting the season, they can also come in silent. Make sure you wear a face mask and gloves, turkeys have amazing eyes.

20200326_133338~2.jpg
Find the sign, all the scratching. Take you an old trusty box call and sit up shop. Hunt them like deer and call a little bit. If you can get one to gobble mid day set up on him he mostly likely doesn’t have any hens with him and he will be easier to get. But if your hunting the season, they can also come in silent. Make sure you wear a face mask and gloves, turkeys have amazing eyes.
That is all I have. Was my father in laws. Thanks. Good advice.

View attachment 2552004
That is all I have. Was my father in laws. Thanks. Good advice.
Yeah the good thing is you don’t have to sound great either, I’ve heard some live hens that sound god awful, I’ve heard some that you would swear up and down that it was somebody with a call that didn’t know how to use it until you see the hen and hear the crap coming out of her mouth for yourself. Lol that is a good box call.

Back
Top Bottom