• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good mechanic needed - Southside

Google says it's a known fault that many got fixed under warranty, doubt that will apply now though. From reading, it's easy to change, but an expensive part.

Couple of posts have suggested disconnecting the battery for 5 mins or so to reset stuff, may or may not have any effect, but worth a try.
I will try that, thank you. Yeah, definitely not under warranty. My google fu is weak this morning, do you have a link for the replacing? I though it was inside the transmission housing?

I just saw references to ~ $100 in labor but parts costs around $700. Not sure how old or valid those numbers are. For that labor there can't be much to it, might need to drop the trans though ?

Toyota has a TSB out on this problem. Info below.

TRANSMISSION & CLUTCH
TC015-07 Title:
HARSH SHIFT AND M.I.L. "ON"
DTC P2716 Models:
'05 - '07 Corolla & Matrix (1ZZ-FE) September 20, 2007

Introduction
Some 2005 - 2007 model year Corolla and Matrix vehicles equipped with an automatic transaxle may exhibit a harsh shift condition and a M.l.L. ON" with DTC P2716 stored.
Improvements have been made to the Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term:
Powertrain Control Module/PCM) to reduce the possibility of this condition occurring.

Applicable Vehicles
^ 2005 - 2007 model year Corolla and Matrix (2WD) vehicles equipped with the 1ZZ-FE engine.
Warranty Information
Applicable Warranty*:
This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emissions Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.

Toyota has a TSB out on this problem. Info below.

TRANSMISSION & CLUTCH
TC015-07 Title:
HARSH SHIFT AND M.I.L. "ON"
DTC P2716 Models:
'05 - '07 Corolla & Matrix (1ZZ-FE) September 20, 2007

Introduction
Some 2005 - 2007 model year Corolla and Matrix vehicles equipped with an automatic transaxle may exhibit a harsh shift condition and a M.l.L. ON" with DTC P2716 stored.
Improvements have been made to the Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term:
Powertrain Control Module/PCM) to reduce the possibility of this condition occurring.

Applicable Vehicles
^ 2005 - 2007 model year Corolla and Matrix (2WD) vehicles equipped with the 1ZZ-FE engine.
Warranty Information
Applicable Warranty*:
This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emissions Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.

good info, thanks. I will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom