• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good ole days blue light special.

Roses in Griffin sold guns in the 80's early 90's. I bought 3 SKS's for 80 dollars each. My dad still has one that hasn't been shot.

That is what I thought this thread was going to be about when I opened it...SKS's used to be sold at a lot of retailers and they were all in the $80-100 range.

Shameless plug---->I am looking for one now if anyone has one they would like to sell at a decent price

PUPS!!!! I used to buy 22 LR for 35 cents per box of 50 at Western Autos, Economy Auto, local mom and pop hardware stores.....
Then the B*****s paved the dang roads and prices started climbing.

When my dad gave me my first rifle .22, LR's were $0.25 a box of 50. Our local General store sold everything back then. In the summer when I got paid more on the farm from the hours of haying, I would buy a couple of bricks of .22 for $5 and have ammo all year.

Yep use to be able to get your red rind hoop cheese and ammo at ole general stores.Damn good times and eats

Doggone right I remember that cheese...tell em how much you want, they'd cut , weigh it and wrap it in brown paper tied with a string. LOL

When my dad gave me my first rifle .22, LR's were $0.25 a box of 50. Our local General store sold everything back then. In the summer when I got paid more on the farm from the hours of haying, I would buy a couple of bricks of .22 for $5 and have ammo all year.

I think it WAS .25 a box ...circa 1958-59 when I got my first rifle.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_30_9y5a9e6y.jpg

I remember buying my first new firearm at Kmart,a Marlin 44 mag lever action for 110 dollars,it was on sale,22 was about 8.00 a brick then,about 1980.

I remember buying my first new firearm at Kmart,a Marlin 44 mag lever action for 110 dollars,it was on sale,22 was about 8.00 a brick then,about 1980.

Can't even pay for half a Marlin now for what we paid back then. I had less than $300 in a .35 with steel rings and bases and a 4x40 Tasco world class, plus gun chaps. Box of ammo was $9 for it and that was the good stuff, Rem cor-loks. LOL

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom