• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

good year trapping (pic heavy) updated 2/27

For those wondering my years total so far off the 1200 acres.
Coyotes-21
Bobcats-8
Grey fox-2
Red fox-6
Beaver- 26
Otter-10
coon-5 (didn't trap them due to low price)
Opossum- I think its up around the 40-50 range

Hopeful to get more land this year to really punch out some good numbers. Thanks for the support guys!

I'm the antithesis of a PETA member and enjoy hunting and fishing very much but I insist on doing it as humanely as possible. Granted most if not all of these creatures pictured are considered nusance critters, but I'll be danged if I could stand to be the cause of them suffering in this manner

I'm the antithesis of a PETA member and enjoy hunting and fishing very much but I insist on doing it as humanely as possible. Granted most if not all of these creatures pictured are considered nusance critters, but I'll be danged if I could stand to be the cause of them suffering in this manner

The animals don't suffer. http://www.nationaltrappers.com/trappingfacts.html

And trapping is the only viable way to at least somewhat control non-native nuisance animals likes yotes and hogs and the damage they do to our native species. As much as I enjoy hunting yotes/hogs, it doesn't control their numbers. Trapping is the main thing that keeps them in check.

And every man has his right to his own opinion! These animals are not in pain and all small critters except coyotes get released and never even run with a limp. These animals are merely more pissed that they have been held in one spot for a few hours then that they are in pain. The manner in which I set my traps up ensures that I can release any animal I want with no harm done. Shoot even my traps have a 3/16 gap in the middle of the jaws to ensure blood flow to the paw. I would never want to cause unreasonable pain to anything. I stick my hand in these traps to show that they do not break bones but only apply pressure needed until I can get there to humanely dispatch them. Hope this may clear up the situation

I put up the fur and sell it. I live too far north to get in on the live market.
My dad was buddies with a guy that owned a tanning business in Griffin, GA. We use to go by there often and it was pretty cool seeing all the different hides and skins... I remember a lot of gator skins. Name of the business was Plott.

I need to find someone to do this on my hunting property in south Georgia. As much as I'd like to do it myself, I simply don't have the time to dedicate to it. I trapped a bit in high school, but only ever caught a bobcat and a couple possums.

My dad was buddies with a guy that owned a tanning business in Griffin, GA. We use to go by there often and it was pretty cool seeing all the different hides and skins... I remember a lot of gator skins. Name of the business was Plott.

I remember Plott Hide and Fur yes eventually became an alligator hide processor, Poltt still in business?

Back
Top Bottom