• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

good year trapping (pic heavy) updated 2/27

i get it for the nuisance ones like beavers and yotes but dunno about the foxes, bobcats, and otters. yes they take some prey but also keep away a lot of other vermin.

i get it for the nuisance ones like beavers and yotes but dunno about the foxes, bobcats, and otters. yes they take some prey but also keep away a lot of other vermin.
Bobcats eat one or two fawns and will absolutely tear up the turkey population.
Foxes are a game bird eating machine doves, small turkeys, quail, and a nest predator as well.
Now otters... Those are some serious fish, crawfish, and frog eating monsters. Before I came in and hammered theses otters at this ladies lake and creek they could barely catch any fish due to them cleaning out their lake. A normal size otter will eat 5-8 pounds of fish a night if given the right resources. They usually move in groups of 2-6. Thats a lot of fish.

One day, one of those pissed-off buggers is going to break free just as you are getting ready to take a picture... and chew your balls off.

Congrats on all the great catches!
What you dont see is the rifle laying across my arms! Ive had them come unbuckled they usually take off running but never had one make it more than 20 yards if ya catch my drift!

Bobcats eat one or two fawns and will absolutely tear up the turkey population.
Foxes are a game bird eating machine doves, small turkeys, quail, and a nest predator as well.
Now otters... Those are some serious fish, crawfish, and frog eating monsters. Before I came in and hammered theses otters at this ladies lake and creek they could barely catch any fish due to them cleaning out their lake. A normal size otter will eat 5-8 pounds of fish a night if given the right resources. They usually move in groups of 2-6. Thats a lot of fish.

im aware but worked in the lake management/fishery business for years and never saw them make a real impact on fish populations, 90% of the time those issues were population balances between the fish and vary vary rarely due to predators. dunno guess its just not for me but I've seen too many issues in the ecology field after getting rid of predators.

I'm confused. Some of those tailgate pics obviously aren't yotes. I was curious what the otters brought. I wish coyotes would bring a small fortune. :becky: Looks like you had a great year.
I meant like baby bobcats, foxes, coons, animals of that nature! Otter aren't bringing much this year only about 20-40 dollars. Its not for the cash anyways

im aware but worked in the lake management/fishery business for years and never saw them make a real impact on fish populations, 90% of the time those issues were population balances between the fish and vary vary rarely due to predators. dunno guess its just not for me but I've seen too many issues in the ecology field after getting rid of predators.
Now a large lake they would keep balance in the ecosystem but in a smaller farm pond/small lake they really unbalance it. Their will be mounds of just otter scat on the lakes. Its crazy

I meant like baby bobcats, foxes, coons, animals of that nature! Otter aren't bringing much this year only about 20-40 dollars. Its not for the cash anyways
Gotcha'. I had (until it drained) a beaver pond in my backyard and used to enjoy watching a group of three fish it in the mornings. They are amazing swimmers. I have a VERY small fishing pond at my cabin and did NOT enjoy watching another group of three fish it. But then turns out I may have some 2 legged fish predators as well, sooo... :mmph: You wouldn't happen to trap them would you? :becky:

Back
Top Bottom