• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got a chrono and my world is shattered

The hell are you talking about

Are you drunk?

Sorry, but NO I'M NOT

Just looking back on 35+ years of reloading and seeing published data on loading data get whittled down so as to assure that no overloads are possible ...
This means that in many cases you have to have a Crono in order to match factory loads, and push published maximum loads. I know you don't believe me, but then take a look at loading manuals publish 10 or more years ago.

The truth is that all manufacturers are terrified of legal liability associated with some numbskull pushing their load data and getting him / her self maimed or killed ... which will result in a lawsuit that will cost a ton of money whether they win or loose. This not only affects the firearms industry but most industrial production in this country.

My 2 cent worth

"Bait & Switch" started out as a criminal enterprise that politicians made legitimate ...
As any LEO was taught to do: "Follow the Money"
There is more profit in "loaded" ammo than "components" (mostly because of the "blood-sucking-legal-community")
TORT reform (limiting lawyer fees) is the key, but will NEVER be enacted!

Sorry, but NO I'M NOT

Just looking back on 35+ years of reloading and seeing published data on loading data get whittled down so as to assure that no overloads are possible ...
This means that in many cases you have to have a Crono in order to match factory loads, and push published maximum loads. I know you don't believe me, but then take a look at loading manuals publish 10 or more years ago.

The truth is that all manufacturers are terrified of legal liability associated with some numbskull pushing their load data and getting him / her self maimed or killed ... which will result in a lawsuit that will cost a ton of money whether they win or loose. This not only affects the firearms industry but most industrial production in this country.

My 2 cent worth

:noidea:

Back
Top Bottom