• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a visitor last night.....fluffy and wet.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Was calling my yorkie in after he spent a little too much time outside going pee when it started raining very hard and the wind was blowing violently.

All of the sudden while I had my door open to let my dog in, here comes this big, curly haired wet dog barreling up the street and made a bee line for my front door.

He did not look threatening, but he looked terrified of the thunder so I let him bulldoze his way in the door.

Luckily I have three doors that could be shut to enclose the foyer so I shut him in there but he was trying hard to get us to let him in the dining room where we had dinner on the table.

He was an Airdale..SP?

Super nice dog and luckily he had his tags on him with three different phone numbers so I called them all.
There was no answer for about a half hour but only because the owner said he was driving the streets looking for him when I finally got through.

Very nice guy, was super happy I held his dog for him.
We talked for about an hour in my car port and turns out that 30 years ago he used to date one of the sisters I just bought my house from.
Found out a lot about some of my new neighbors and which ones are good and which ones are crazy.
He's got some property that he hunts on and he invited me to use it for deer season if I want to give it a try.....hell yeah!

I knew there was a reason my Wife insisted I talk with him for a while.

See, good things happen when you rescue people's dogs.

Outstanding! :cool:
My wife let a neighborhood dog in and gave him some attention (that he apparently doesn't get). You know what we got in return? A dog that now gets loose constantly and makes a bee line for our door at all hours and drives our dogs nuts. :rolleyes:

I got lucky yesterday. our Jack Russell got out underneath our gate. Luckily the neighbor was nice enough to hold her until I got back. I am just thankful that the pit didn't get out. Too many people would flip out and probably try to shoot him.

My wife let a neighborhood dog in and gave him some attention (that he apparently doesn't get). You know what we got in return? A dog that now gets loose constantly and makes a bee line for our door at all hours and drives our dogs nuts. :rolleyes:

Nope. What you got was a dog that would be willing to give you unconditional love if you would let him. :)

Awesome story.
Great thing ya done for the dog, Kudos to you.

PA
My pup rock climbing in St Andrews park in PCB Fl
IMG_5643.JPG

Yeah, I don't need any more dogs but I did take two adult hens from a family who just had the worst tragedy imaginable happen so it worked out for both of us.
Now my 8 week old chicks have some grown ups to show them the ropes.

Nope. What you got was a dog that would be willing to give you unconditional love if you would let him. :)
I really don't care for Boston Terriers and he's one. But he's a really neat dog but we already have two. His real owners need to take care of him. Funniest thing was, on one of his visits he brought along his buddy! A little silky that you could put in your pocket. They both were on the front stoop yipping. It was hysterical. Sadly, I had to take to yelling at him to go away. He looked heart broken. :( But he got the message. I REALLY hope they don't wind up as speed bumps. I really despise irresponsible pet owners! :mad:

Same here!!! Rusty is a regular

I really don't care for Boston Terriers and he's one. But he's a really neat dog but we already have two. His real owners need to take care of him. Funniest thing was, on one of his visits he brought along his buddy! A little silky that you could put in your pocket. They both were on the front stoop yipping. It was hysterical. Sadly, I had to take to yelling at him to go away. He looked heart broken. :( But he got the message. I REALLY hope they don't wind up as speed bumps. I really despise irresponsible pet owners! :mad:

You coulda put that teacup silkie on CL and got some big bucks.LOL......kidding of course.

Back
Top Bottom