• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grantham is gone!!! Go dawgs!

Most the rumor mill is pointing at Smart. Its up to the money at this point. Grantham made 850k, Smart was making what 1.2-1.3 mil at bama?
Pruitt wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Like Bobo or not, he is married to Vince Dooley's daughter so he will not be moving unless he decides to do so. Let's get us a good DC and move forward. With the exception of some ultra conservative play calling, a good DC can do wonders for a team....Go Dawgs!!

Most the rumor mill is pointing at Smart. Its up to the money at this point. Grantham made 850k, Smart was making what 1.2-1.3 mil at bama?
Pruitt wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Yup Pruitt and Smart seem to be the most desired by the fans so far. Although it was just posted that after some other bonuses, Pruitt was making almost $700k this year and is expecting a raise to $900k+ from FSU. Kirby was making $1.15 last year and is expected to make around $1.3 million in 2014 and 2015 at Bama.

I'm hoping for Kirby but it would have to be reasons besides money for him to come. He could use the opportunity to show his worth without being under Saban, as many still think he is simply Saban's puppet running that defense. But he could also take the UGA DC job with hopes of getting the HC job when/if Richt is fired or retires. Not to mention he played at UGA and one of his best friends is Coach Bobo, it would make sense.

Plus who knows if he wants to be on a coaching staff this year with Kiffin and Orgeron coming in.

Excellent and respectful discussion.
I would love to see Smart come. Preferably as Head, but DC would be great, too.
Narduzzi is a great pick.
Excellent commentary. Big D (or lack of it) is the problem. Offense can be boring, but it is productive.
Like him or not, Bobo is one of the top two QB coaches in Div I.
I love Richt, but do not think he is the guy to take it to the next level. But, he got us to where we are now (which is annually a top 10 team)! So kudos and praise for him from me.

Last edited:
Would love to get Narduzzi as well. I read he was "only" making around $550k this year and I'm sure we could beat out MSU in a bidding war. But I think his next destination is a HC gig.

I'd like to see Manny Diaz in Athens. I know he had a rough time in Austin but I thought he had it together at Miss State.

I just really struggled with how bad the defense was this past year and I have always been astonished at some of the play calling. 3rd and 15 and we run a trap????
How many games did just bad tackling cost?

Just how it appears to me....

I just really struggled with how bad the defense was this past year and I have always been astonished at some of the play calling. 3rd and 15 and we run a trap????
How many games did just bad tackling cost?

Just how it appears to me....

I get bothered by the 3rd down runs also. But the reality is they know what they're doing. If it's not a "do or die" situation and it's a close game or towards the beginning, it does make sense. The defense it going to set up expecting you to throw down field and that's asking for a sack or an interception. If you run it you can hopefully pick up some yards for field position and sometimes you might get lucky and catch them of guard with it and pick up the first down. Same with running a screen play, catch them of guard and do something they aren't expecting you to do in that situation. It is conservative and it does bother me sometimes but there is a reason behind it.

As far as Manny Diaz... I would love to have him here catching DB's but I think we are going to need someone with a better track record than him and preferably (IMO) a bigger name. Texas defense got better after he left so I think that is telling. I just don't think this program and Richt are in a position to take a chance on a guy that just had a flop at his last gig. We need someone proven and consistent and preferably a big time hire to energize the fanbase. I still haven't seen much about the smoke the other day regarding Ansley at UK being offered the DB position at UGA. I keep hoping that is true since he was a graduate assistant coach at Bama with Kirby in 2010/2011 and would make sense if Kirby was UGA bound.

One of the premium board writers on the UGA website says that he has been told they have a goal of having everything set in place and announced by friday the 17th. So we should know something here in these next few days.

we will see,sooner than later I hope.The DB's can't tackle cause they are afraid they will be hurt and won't get that big check in their junior season when they jump.I wish a player had to fulfill a scholarship when he signs it or pay the school back all monies if he leaves.

we will see,sooner than later I hope.The DB's can't tackle cause they are afraid they will be hurt and won't get that big check in their junior season when they jump.I wish a player had to fulfill a scholarship when he signs it or pay the school back all monies if he leaves.

That's not a bad idea now that I think about it. Should have no problem doing that too if they're leaving early for that big paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom