• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great day on the bike and shooting range

blackplague14

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   0
Reaction score
I met my brother-in-law over at Hi Caliber in Woodstock today. Last weekend he purchased his first gun, a Ruger LCR .38 special. Until today, he had never fired a real weapon!

I jumped on the bike and met up with him at the range. I brought along a Glock 17, Browning Hi-Power, Ruger Security Six .357mag, and my 10/22. We went over safe gun handling, proper grip, and sight picture. Started him off with some dry fire practice, then on to live ammo. He did great and is already talking about shooting again soon! I think I have him talked into a 10/22.

I told him next time I'll bring the 1911 chambered in .460 Rowland and the Draco.

As a side note, I still hate Glocks. This is my 6th one, so you would think I would give up trying. Sure, it shoots everything and every time, but it just doesn't point naturally for me and ejects brass all over the place, including into my forehead. So if anyone would like to trade even my Gen 3 Glock 17 with night sights and 3 mags for a Rock Island Tactical in 9mm let me know.

On the way to the range:
[Broken External Image]:

Ha, ha, ha! I bet not one Mofo cut you off today! The look on the cage riders faces must of been priceless. At 16 I use to ride with a .22 rifle bungeed to the king/queen seat with a fishing pole. I really like the OD paint job on your scooter.

I kind of got eye-balled by the cop directing traffic for the big church on Sixes Rd. and a couple of funny looks while sitting at traffic lights. And you're right, no one tailgated or cut me off today.

That Ruger flash suppressor whistles like crazy at 45+mph. Can't wait for the paperwork on my YHM Mite suppressor to come in. Then it'll be quieter both on the range and on the ride over there.

I kind of got eye-balled by the cop directing traffic for the big church on Sixes Rd. and a couple of funny looks while sitting at traffic lights. And you're right, no one tailgated or cut me off today.

That Ruger flash suppressor whistles like crazy at 45+mph. Can't wait for the paperwork on my YHM Mite suppressor to come in. Then it'll be quieter both on the range and on the ride over there.

Hahaha! Maybe I'll strap on my AR next time I go for a ride, I hate it when people cut me off and tailgate. Too bad we can't mount an AR on the handlebars! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom