• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Green stained 870 stock I hope!!!

image.jpeg
Here is the original finish I made up with mineral spirits and green and black. This time I rubbed it in by hand instead of using a brush. Pitiful results!!

image.jpeg
And here is where I applied the oil paint directly and put a thin coat of tru oil over it. It's a camo finish and an ugly one lol. Free wood $13 is paints and an old bottle of Tru oil. Something to learn and practice with and tweak the product.

image.jpeg
From playing with the two mixtures what I can tell the green paint mixed with the Tru oil does give it a green color. But it seems transparent.

image.jpeg
It seems the better option is to use the mineral spirits and paint. Rub it in by hand and wipe off the residual. After several applications of each it seems to have retained more color. So the stock is sanded again and gonna work with then paint/ mineral spirits and see what happens.

FYI if you decide you want to buy a stain. Any paint store that supplies products for cabinet shops will mix you up a custom color. the guys I deal with at Shubert here in tucker can match anything I bring them.

FYI if you decide you want to buy a stain. Any paint store that supplies products for cabinet shops will mix you up a custom color. the guys I deal with at Shubert here in tucker can match anything I bring them.

I ha one mixed before at Sherwim Williams. I wasn't happy. It had so much pigment/paint left on top after applying it. Trying this stuff is basically giving me something to do lol. Learn a little along the way.

Back
Top Bottom