• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grocery store cashier sensitive to my t-shirt design

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Quick back story: while doing some research on my surname (Helton), I found that the first written record of a Helton (also spelled Hilton/Hylton) was a Viking that conquered North England. There is still a Hylton Castle partially standing. Well, being a Viking sounded like more fun than just being a mutt, so I ran w/ it.

Now to today. I have a tshirt w/ a Viking design on it that says "That which does not kill me should run" and a Viking prayer on the back (which isn't important because he never saw the back). Anyway, I walk up to the cash register and he looks at me funny, nods at my shirt and says, "What's that all about? Whatcha got going on w/ that shirt?" I preceded to quickly tell him the whole Viking story as written in the first paragraph. He looks at me funny and says, "well, that's not very appropriate." I answered him w/ "Well no need to worry, we haven't raped or pillaged anyone in a few hundred years so you should feel perfectly safe."

The guy was offended by my Viking tshirt. Good thing I didn't have on one of my Second Amendment ones or his head would have probably exploded. The pussification of the American man is in full stride...

9e458a3a0d8456f1f5a1aa905f4e0869.jpg

I'd fire an employee if I found out they said something like that to a patron...

To complain to a manager would just prove my point about the pussification... It didn't bother me. I just thought it was stupid and a bit rude. But, I was not offended or pissed off. Just amused.

Back
Top Bottom