• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guess it's about time to be a little social.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajv602

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
59   0
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to the ODT, but I figured it's about time to say hey, and why not start off asking for some newbie advice.
What kinda work have y'all had done to Remington 700's? I've got a varmint in a 308, and thinking about what I could do to it. I want to still be able to carry it into the woods, but would like to do something different. Also, thinking about a thumb hole stock, so advice there would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just my $.02 but I'd start with the trigger.
Then probably a stock especially if it's one of the crappy synthetics with the pressure point in the fore end. What's the purpose of the rifle? If hunting, I really don't care for any style of stock that limits me from shooting from the off side. I have a 700 VSSF and for the $$ I like the B&C medalist I put on it.

And I second that! "Welcome! Start the day out right by becoming a Supporter and jumping in the Giveaway Day pool!"

Follow the advice of a trigger, spend some time on Brownells and see some of the trigger configurations available. A lot of stock options out there, I have just never considered a thumbhole since a Winslow I had in the seventies. Not sure if you reload, but a lot of opportunities there to build target/hunting loads in different variations. I am still a fan of McMillan stocks, I know that there are many more out there but their website is a good place to start. Have fun with the .308, it's one of my favorite loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom