• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guided Black Bear hunt.

I live in Dahlonega
I leave up trail cams on my farm year round.
My farm has several sows and a lot of cubs right now per cams.
Hopefully I might get a bear this coming year. But they always seem to be purely nocturnal during the hunting season.

May be just worth your while to go around the Helen area and hunt public land, and stay up there for a week or two
Yeah, it's possible to get on bear in North Georgia, but they are so unpredictable you can't really pattern them. I'm looking for a spot and stalk hunt in open terrain (out west) or a food source based hunt (either bait or very well done year round food plots). I don't want to go through the hassle of renewing my passport, so I'm looking for something in the states.

I'm also looking for a real opportunity at a trophy quality bear. 350lbs plus. My hunt has already begun just by trying to find someplace that offers all of that.

Yeah, it's possible to get on bear in North Georgia, but they are so unpredictable you can't really pattern them. I'm looking for a spot and stalk hunt in open terrain (out west) or a food source based hunt (either bait or very well done year round food plots). I don't want to go through the hassle of renewing my passport, so I'm looking for something in the states.

I'm also looking for a real opportunity at a trophy quality bear. 350lbs plus. My hunt has already begun just by trying to find someplace that offers all of that.

Sorry I misunderstood, I was only thinking in state hunts but in Maine it’s legal to bait so maybe there?

I would stay away from the lower East Coast IMO. Out West (ID or CO), the extreme NorthEast (Maine, New Hampshere), and Canada will be able to get you the best size/quality. 3k is plently.

Hell for 2K you can hunt my driveway. My bear is very predictable. Every Thursday night I leave my trash can out and he comes and spends an hour or 2 trying to get in it.
Sweet!!! I'd love to hunt bear from your driveway!
Perhaps you'd take a hacksaw in trade??? And I'll throw in a carpenter's belt if you'll cook breakfast for me after the hunt! :)

Back
Top Bottom