Gun Case Recommendations Needed

Janedoedad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Flying out West for a couple weeks and would like to take my AR.

Not keen on the idea of checking a clearly obvious rifle case (1-Cost, 2-Clearly obvious rifle case). Figure I can break down the rifle and use a smaller hardside case that will fit in my suitcase.

So, I am looking for a hardside case at least 25"x10" interior dimension that complies with TSA rules. (Hard sided, locks securely, not easily opened, etc.)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JDD

Per TSA regulations, It does not need to be separate.

I travel with handguns regularly. So long as the firearm is declared and secured inside a locking, hardside case, it can go in a (locked) checked bag.

Just trying to save myself a few bucks and from having to drag a third bag all over two airports and the car rental agency.

Per TSA regulations, It does not need to be separate.

I travel with handguns regularly. So long as the firearm is declared and secured inside a locking, hardside case, it can go in a (locked) checked bag.

Just trying to save myself a few bucks and from having to drag a third bag all over two airports and the car rental agency.

Agreed!

Don't worry about keeping it discreet.
The Airline and/or TSA will identify it with a nice Blaze Orange Tag for everybody to see!

orange tags.jpg

Don't worry about keeping it discreet.
The Airline and/or TSA will identify it with a nice Blaze Orange Tag for everybody to see!

View attachment 2816021

Nice vintage picture there. . . .

Airlines have been prohibited from using those tags on the outside of checked items for years.

SOME airlines may still use them on the inside of bags.

Nice vintage picture there. . . .

Airlines have been prohibited from using those tags on the outside of checked items for years.

SOME airlines may still use them on the inside of bags.

:lol: It ain't a big deal really. Its done daily all through out the systems. Ever been to Anchorage or Fairbanks? You'll likely see more long gun cases than suitcases on the baggage carousal.
Sounds like you'll pretty much dedicate a suitcase anyway to house a TSA approved locking case big enough for an AR broke down.
Personally, I'd just bring a handgun. Thats what I've done numerous times in the past.
Oh and fyi...if you don't use TSA approved locks then you risk the chance of them cutting it.

Pelican for the rifle. I use a Hornady lock box for handguns and can be locked with a cable inside of my checked suitcase. Give yourself an extra hour or so at the airport. All ammo has to be in factory boxes, not MTM type containers.

Back
Top Bottom