Gun Classified Pictures

Or the thing that gets me is when they do post a picture and you get excited about a gun at a good price and at the bottom it reads. Does not include scope, magazine, flip up sights, front grip, adjustable stock, flash protector. Seriously take the crap off your gun and take a recent picture of it please. Rant over. I feel better now.
thx

This bothers me more then no pictures.

Pure laziness. That's what I think it is. If you aren't motivated enough to take some decent pictures and post them then you are simply lazy. If you don't know how, learn. If someone is capable of posting, they can figure out the pictures.

If you want to have good pictures for your ad, and you should on every gun you try to sell, take the time to make a light box. It is simple, heck I made one, inexpensive, I have $11.85 in mine and that includes two lights. Takes about 30 minutes to put together. Makes me look like I know what I am doing when taking a picture, and I really don't. Good, clear pictures will help sell the gun. I don't know why some think otherwise.

Or the thing that gets me is when they do post a picture and you get excited about a gun at a good price and at the bottom it reads. Does not include scope, magazine, flip up sights, front grip, adjustable stock, flash protector. Seriously take the crap off your gun and take a recent picture of it please. Rant over. I feel better now.
thx

I think sometimes people do that because they don't feel like setting it back up they way they had it(or re-zeroing) their scope if it doesn't sell/trade. I've listed a few guns with a scope that I wasn't including in the sale, or would include for additional money, but I didn't remove it because I didn't want to have to re-zero it if I didn't sell/trade it. I can understand the magazines, and grips and other miscellaneous stuff, but if it's something like sights or a scope I can see why they don't want to take them off. I always make sure to post it in red and above the picture separate from the rest of the text in the ad if I have something in the pics that won't come with the gun though so that it is visible and isn't hidden in all of the other stuff in the ad. Just my two cents.

If you want to have good pictures for your ad, and you should on every gun you try to sell, take the time to make a light box. It is simple, heck I made one, inexpensive, I have $11.85 in mine and that includes two lights. Takes about 30 minutes to put together. Makes me look like I know what I am doing when taking a picture, and I really don't. Good, clear pictures will help sell the gun. I don't know why some think otherwise.

I don't want to derail this thread, but, what all do you need to make a light box? You do take some very nice pics.

thx
yes

I approve of this rant! No pics = lazy, just like my customers that complain of a technical issue ('application has problems starting') and don't send a frigging description of the symptoms or log files! I especially hate this when it is a firearm in which I may be interested. The 'does not include' garbage is equally annoying, unless it's just the optic or something simple. I'm also interested in the light box - JWC, PM inbound.

Back
Top Bottom