• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

So "today's army", being slightly newer than the one that confiscated guns during Katrina, is more advanced and enlightened, gotcha.
Take no offense, i'm sure there would be a few to derelict duty to support their oath, haven't heard of much of it, but I'm sure it does happen.

So "today's army", being slightly newer than the one that confiscated guns during Katrina, is more advanced and enlightened, gotcha.
Take no offense, i'm sure there would be a few to derelict duty to support their oath, haven't heard of much of it, but I'm sure it does happen.
I would say, this, people are more willing to think about what's being told to them.

And they end up "feeling bad about it" afterwards. There's a comforting thought. Again, I'm sure there are many who OBEY their oath, but it's that majority that follow orders that has folks worried. Try and understand that history is a far better teacher than "feelings, instinct or hope". Read enough history, and you eventually see where you are in the scheme of things. What if someone told you a neighborhood was harboring terrorists, and you were a UAV operator and told to fire on an American neighborhood? I'll bet half a million in maladjusted federal reserve notes that says you trust your superiors and intel and fire those missiles. Happens every day overseas. Collateral dmg is a female dog though I suppose.

Moral is, MOST troops follow orders, and history and recent events show those orders aren't always the best ones. Unfortunately, that makes the entire group look pretty bad to a thinking man's eyes. I do not fault you of course, serving is a VERY valiant thing to do, and is appreciated- just don't follow a single order involving harassment or disenfranchisement of the American citizen :) And you are 110% Awesomesauce in my book :)

depends on how long is "prolonged". Anything of duration means the police/military will have no fuel for vehicles for tasks like gun confiscation. Communications would last a very short time, as long as the fuel holds out for generators. Water and food would run out very quickly.
Any sustained power outage would result in utter chaos and it wouldn't take that long.

MOLON LABE...come and take them. I wish anyone who steps up to the challenge of disarming me all the luck in the world. They will need it...along with a full suit of body armor. Once my supply of ammo is exhausted, then they can have whatever is left.

Back
Top Bottom