• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Selling Question

Try to think logically, why would a criminal try to target and rob someone they know has guns and wouldn't be easy? People that target/rob people usually pretend to be selling stuff like phones and such so that they can rob for cash and don't want victims defending themselves. I think your paranoia is getting the best of you, you are the exact opposite of the type of person that a criminal wants to target.
From all the crime committed in insane and senseless ways I wouldn't put it past anyone these days. In particular gang members. They could have friends laying in wait in the back of a car or already there in another car. Using basic common sense would take those possibilities into consideration and choose a spot that would ward off such possibilities. Like someone else said choose to meet a police station and take their temperature. If they're willing to do that you know it's good.

The best places I've found are sporting goods stores. I use Adventure Outdoors a lot because it's close and most people know where it is.

Bass pro, Cabelas, Academy... all those are good places because no one will be freaked out if they see you handling or examining a firearm.

I've done a lot of trades at gas stations, but usually only of the gun is boxed up. Seeing people handing guns around a place like that can definitely give the wrong impression.

As for getting held up, I know it's happened to a few ODT-ers, but if you have a good location and are dealing at a reasonable hour the odds are pretty slim.

Yes I've seen the news before, the world is ending every week, lmao! I also understand statistical analysis. What do you believe your % chance of being robbed while selling a firearm during a private sale is? greater or less than .0001%? Did you wear a mask at all times even in your car cause the news told you to about Covid19?
Cool, carry on .............. I must have touched a nerve Hahaha

Back in Utah we would just meet up at each other’s houses. There were only a few occasions where the ask was asked to meet in a public location. Here it’s always been public unless I’ve met up a few times. Then I don’t mind having the person out to my house. Hell, what good is a little gun range if you don’t share.

Feedback is key. If they have a high positive rating I don't worry about it. I've had a few members in my house before. Never had a bad experience meeting someone.
I agree. 99.999999% of the folks I've met on this site, in person or even by dealings in the mail, have been stand up folks and I've made many friends here over the past 12 years.

I have "met" or talked to only one member who was obviously mentally unstable and likely shouldn't be in possession of a firearm. Or an automobile. Or a hammer. Or a pocket knife.

I agree. 99.999999% of the folks I've met on this site, in person or even by dealings in the mail, have been stand up folks and I've made many friends here over the past 12 years.

I have "met" or talked to only one member who was obviously mentally unstable and likely shouldn't be in possession of a firearm. Or an automobile. Or a hammer. Or a pocket knife.

Agreed, there's more than a few here that shouldn't be allowed in public... That being said, most here are stand up (even some of the ones who shouldn't be allowed in public). Pick a public place and scope it out ahead if you're worried.

And as for trades in the dark, we have a bunch of folks who work night shift that do deals at odd hours; so even that isn't a pointer for being sketchy.

Agreed, there's more than a few here that shouldn't be allowed in public... That being said, most here are stand up (even some of the ones who shouldn't be allowed in public). Pick a public place and scope it out ahead if you're worried.

And as for trades in the dark, we have a bunch of folks who work night shift that do deals at odd hours; so even that isn't a pointer for being sketchy.

I've met some folks at 3, 4 a.m. just South of the airport when I was buying some HTF 22 shorts a few years ago.

Seemed kind of sketch but I went anyway and the fellow was super nice, just worked late shift at ATL.

Back
Top Bottom