• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns and Concerts....

so tonight a friend and I are going to a concert in Atlanta. of course before heading out I checked the venues *coughs bull***** "security policy" which by no surprise includes being frisked and wanded: no pocket knives/multi tools.firearms or other Personal protection items allowed.... I know this subject has been talked to at LENGTH, but I can't help but feel frustrated. I don't even want to go do things I enjoy because of further encroaching Gun laws... I know some of you will say " well just don't go to those places" but lets be realistic, at this point. what places CAN you go where you can carry without fear of prosecution.
SPORTS EVENTS-NOPE
MOVIES (NOT SUPPOSED TO)
MUSIC VENUES(NOPE)
COUNTY FAIR (NOPE)

I don't mean to rant but I'm just tired of seeing this stuff. what happened to live and let live. I also feel like a sell out for going to these events and voluntarily disarming myself. I may be over reacting but I'm just sick of our sissified culture.

thoughts?
I figure if they do not have people actively checking attendees, then I remain armed in any venue not prohibited by law. I have attended sports events. I go to movies. I attend music events and fairs around where I live. I am careful to conceal and I avoid confrontation. I have yet to have a problem with police.

If they are actively checking and wanding AND providing security, then they are reducing risk to attendees. I have to weigh that against how much I want to attend that event, since they are not securing my person from the home/auto to the security checkpoint.

That's only one part of the problem. I'm still trying to find a situation in which you can use your rights to defend yourself and not go to jail or the poor house.

One evening years ago I had to shut down the restaurant I was filling in at as the manager because a couple young ladies got into it in the parking lot.
The loser bled from the front door to the bathroom.
Find somewhere to put a razor blade. It seemed quite effective.

Back
Top Bottom