• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns n' Roses APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION turns 30 YEARS OLD today

My first rock concert was them touring this album opening for Ozzy at the Omni when i was in the tenth grade.
I saw AC/DC in 85 in the Omni and ZZTop. I saw Iron Maiden there in 87 and Kiss with Ted Nugent opening in 88. It's something to see when Ted starts into Great White Buffalo!

Dammit BangBang BangBang , I hesitated liking your original post! I was 18 when this came out. I wore the cassette out in my '82 dodge challenger! I think I remember smoking up and heading to PCB with my buds with this cassette cranked!

I'm getting old! The cool thing is my 8yr old son loves GNFR!
My daughter likes "Patience" but I think she only likes that one because it was in one of those vampire love story movies or TV shows or something. LOL

Damn letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar you we're on a roll last night brother! LOL

I love talking music though, so my take on some of the bands you mentioned....

Cinderella: One of my favorite bands from that era. "Long Cold Winter" was definitely their most successful album, but they actually put out two more after that one. Their first album "Night Songs" was actually a lot heavier than the other "hair bands" they got lumped in with. With "Long Cold Winter" they lightened up a lot. It was definitely slower and more bluesy. Their third album "Heartbreak Station" was pretty much just pure 70's classic rock with a little bit of County thrown in. It's pretty good, but not what you would expect from them after their first two albums. Their fourth album "Still Climbing" had a couple of decent songs on it, but was pretty much just MEH.

Motley Crue: My all-time favorite Crue album is their first one "Too Fast For Love" the songs are short, simple and catchy. "Shout At The Devil" is pretty damn good too. My least favorite from them is "Theater Of Pain". That album is weak as hell and if it wasn't for the song "Home Sweet Home" I doubt it would've ever sold very well at all.

Skid Row: Another of my favorites. That first album was awesome. They got a lot heavier with the "Slave To The Grind" album and I loved it. Of course, it's hard to go wrong when you've got a guy that can sing like Sebastian Bach.

Poison: Their first album "Look What The Cat Dragged In" is my favorite. Music is supposed to be FUN and the songs on that album are just upbeat fun songs. Their second album "Open Up And Say Aahhh" was HUGE because of the song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" but other than that song and "Fallen Angel" I really don't care for that album. After that they released "Flesh & Blood". I loved it back then, but rarely listen to it anymore. It just hasn't stood the test of time to me for some reason.

Warrant: Well, you see my avatar right? LOL! I still listen to their first album all the time. I liked the "Cherry Pie" album, but "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich" will always be my favorite from them. The guitar playing on that first album is just SOOOO damn good. Add Jani Lanes vocals to it and you've got one of my favorite albums EVER.

Iron Maiden: My all-time favorite American band is Lynyrd Skynyrd. My all-time favorite British band is IRON MAIDEN! They have put out so many good albums that I'm not even gonna waste time naming them all. Bruce Dickinsons vocals are INSANE. I'll never forget the first time I heard Maiden. I was in 5th grade and my buddy had stolen his older brothers copy of "Somewhere In Time". First off I was blown away by the album cover. I'd never seen anything like that. Then he popped the tape in and played me "Wasted Years". I was floored. I had never heard anything like it before. I went out and got all their other albums and listened to them over and over. To this day, not a week goes by that I don't listen to at least a couple of Maiden songs.

View attachment 1251178

A pic from the Atlanta show during their stop here. Great show! I do wish they would keep the politics out of the show in the future though. Listening to One in a Million from Lies would make you thinkhe has the opposite opinions on the political spectrum. Just say'n.
Every time I listen to "One In A Million" I think about all the Muslim "refugees" coming to our country. I think Axl got it right.

What do I know I though? I'm just a small town white boy trying to make ends meet.

Damn letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar you we're on a roll last night brother! LOL

I love talking music though, so my take on some of the bands you mentioned....

Cinderella: One of my favorite bands from that era. "Long Cold Winter" was definitely their most successful album, but they actually put out two more after that one. Their first album "Night Songs" was actually a lot heavier than the other "hair bands" they got lumped in with. With "Long Cold Winter" they lightened up a lot. It was definitely slower and more bluesy. Their third album "Heartbreak Station" was pretty much just pure 70's classic rock with a little bit of County thrown in. It's pretty good, but not what you would expect from them after their first two albums. Their fourth album "Still Climbing" had a couple of decent songs on it, but was pretty much just MEH.

Motley Crue: My all-time favorite Crue album is their first one "Too Fast For Love" the songs are short, simple and catchy. "Shout At The Devil" is pretty damn good too. My least favorite from them is "Theater Of Pain". That album is weak as hell and if it wasn't for the song "Home Sweet Home" I doubt it would've ever sold very well at all.

Skid Row: Another of my favorites. That first album was awesome. They got a lot heavier with the "Slave To The Grind" album and I loved it. Of course, it's hard to go wrong when you've got a guy that can sing like Sebastian Bach.

Poison: Their first album "Look What The Cat Dragged In" is my favorite. Music is supposed to be FUN and the songs on that album are just upbeat fun songs. Their second album "Open Up And Say Aahhh" was HUGE because of the song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" but other than that song and "Fallen Angel" I really don't care for that album. After that they released "Flesh & Blood". I loved it back then, but rarely listen to it anymore. It just hasn't stood the test of time to me for some reason.

Warrant: Well, you see my avatar right? LOL! I still listen to their first album all the time. I liked the "Cherry Pie" album, but "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich" will always be my favorite from them. The guitar playing on that first album is just SOOOO damn good. Add Jani Lanes vocals to it and you've got one of my favorite albums EVER.

Iron Maiden: My all-time favorite American band is Lynyrd Skynyrd. My all-time favorite British band is IRON MAIDEN! They have put out so many good albums that I'm not even gonna waste time naming them all. Bruce Dickinsons vocals are INSANE. I'll never forget the first time I heard Maiden. I was in 5th grade and my buddy had stolen his older brothers copy of "Somewhere In Time". First off I was blown away by the album cover. I'd never seen anything like that. Then he popped the tape in and played me "Wasted Years". I was floored. I had never heard anything like it before. I went out and got all their other albums and listened to them over and over. To this day, not a week goes by that I don't listen to at least a couple of Maiden songs.
I've been into music (Good Music) since i was maybe 13. And I've been a fan of a lot of different artists. In middle school I was a big Prince fan and I just could NOT understand why everyone was losing their minds over Michael Jackson. Prince was the all around better musician writer and entertainer. Moving on...Like most young dudes that wound up in South Florida in the 80s I got way into Jimmy Buffet and even had his first novel. But then one day I just suddenly didn't want to hear him ever again. Now this was before I knew anything about his politics. But I noticed that most of the folks that were "Parrotheads" were pretty much posers who drove to the shows in 7 series BMWs. Yeah they got drunk as hell and sang all about dropping out and whatnot but none of it was real. I guess my point here was that Parrotheads didn't really LIVE it like Deadheads.
For a while I was way into Bob Marley. But to this day I don't dig most of the songs on his Best Of CD. My favorite Marley album has to be Uprising. He made that one soon after he knew he was dying. One of the best songs he did was very early on and called Concrete Jungle. It's weird though since I don't really like any other reggae.

Somewhere in Time was the 87 tour when I saw Maiden in the Omni. The stage effects were amazing. My fave Maiden tunes have to be Run to the Hills and Die with Your Boots On.

I still love most anything from Sinatra! I mean what are you gonna do? Seriously the Chairman of the ****ing Board over here. Go to YouTube and listen to It was a Very Good Year or One for the Road.

As far as Crue albums go you're dead on the money about the first two. And Theater of Pain was an embarassment to the whole band as was Girls Girls Girls. If you call in to Nikki Sixx's radio show he would probably tell you so.

I've been into music (Good Music) since i was maybe 13. And I've been a fan of a lot of different artists. In middle school I was a big Prince fan and I just could NOT understand why everyone was losing their minds over Michael Jackson. Prince was the all around better musician writer and entertainer. Moving on...Like most young dudes that wound up in South Florida in the 80s I got way into Jimmy Buffet and even had his first novel. But then one day I just suddenly didn't want to hear him ever again. Now this was before I knew anything about his politics. But I noticed that most of the folks that were "Parrotheads" were pretty much posers who drove to the shows in 7 series BMWs. Yeah they got drunk as hell and sang all about dropping out and whatnot but none of it was real. I guess my point here was that Parrotheads didn't really LIVE it like Deadheads.
For a while I was way into Bob Marley. But to this day I don't dig most of the songs on his Best Of CD. My favorite Marley album has to be Uprising. He made that one soon after he knew he was dying. One of the best songs he did was very early on and called Concrete Jungle. It's weird though since I don't really like any other reggae.

Somewhere in Time was the 87 tour when I saw Maiden in the Omni. The stage effects were amazing. My fave Maiden tunes have to be Run to the Hills and Die with Your Boots On.

I still love most anything from Sinatra! I mean what are you gonna do? Seriously the Chairman of the ****ing Board over here. Go to YouTube and listen to It was a Very Good Year or One for the Road.

As far as Crue albums go you're dead on the money about the first two. And Theater of Pain was an embarassment to the whole band as was Girls Girls Girls. If you call in to Nikki Sixx's radio show he would probably tell you so.
I won't lie. When I was a kid I had the "Thriller" album on vinyl. I used to sit in my room and listen to it on my little Mickey Mouse record player and think about how cool it would be to go to Neverland Ranch and hang out with Michael Jackson.

In hindsight I'm glad that never happened.
:pound:

I won't lie. When I was a kid I had the "Thriller" album on vinyl. I used to sit in my room and listen to it on my little Mickey Mouse record player and think about how cool it would be to go to Neverland Ranch and hang out with Michael Jackson.

In hindsight I'm glad that never happened.
:pound:
Well at least MJ and his legal team would have made it worth your time and PTSD.

Back
Top Bottom