• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns n' Roses APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION turns 30 YEARS OLD today

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard "Welcome to the Jungle". Bought the album on the way home. Was tired of it by the time "Sweet Child of Mine" was released as a single, 'cuz I wore it out before then. And why did "Mr. Brownstone" never get released as a single? Because it's about heroin?

Jeez I'm getting old...

Slippery When Wet !?!? Seriously... Well I assume you don't listen to that weak **** anymore. And by the way Jon Bon Jovi made several campaign appearances with Hillary. But he is from New Jersey like Douchebag Springsteen.
I hate to disappoint you man, but yeah I still listen to all the old hair bands. I never stopped listening to them.

Back when I was in high school in the 90's all my buddies gave me hell because they were listening to Nirvana and Offspring and all the popular stuff at the time and I'd come rolling into the school parking lot in my 83' Toyota pickup blasting some Poison or Warrant.

I hate to disappoint you man, but yeah I still listen to all the old hair bands. I never stopped listening to them.

Back when I was in high school in the 90's all my buddies gave me hell because they were listening to Nirvana and Offspring and all the popular stuff at the time and I'd come rolling into the school parking lot in my 83' Toyota pickup blasting some Poison or Warrant.

Haha. You made me chuckle. What year did you graduate?

Chris cornell and Robert plant where the two best voices to ever sing rock.
I don't even know who Cornell is. Lol, IMHO I'd have to say Plant, Jagger, SRV & Bon Scott are at the top. There's probably a few more but my memory is about shot from concussions, high school in the 70's & a few near death experiences in the 80's where I almost bled out.

In '87 was listening to a lot of SRV. Here he is in Nashville in 87

SRV was awesome, sure do miss him.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard "Welcome to the Jungle". Bought the album on the way home. Was tired of it by the time "Sweet Child of Mine" was released as a single, 'cuz I wore it out before then. And why did "Mr. Brownstone" never get released as a single? Because it's about heroin?

Jeez I'm getting old...
Old? Lol! I went AWOL from military school in '73 to see Led Zeppelin and snuck back in before I got caught! Saw .38 Special, Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band, Johnny & Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer, Blue Oyster Cult & KISS at the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium in '76. Hell man, I was at the FIRST Atlanta Braves Game and the FIRST Peach Bowl, LSU vs FSU if I recall correctly.

Haha. You made me chuckle. What year did you graduate?

Nice. 94 here. We gettin old.
IMG_1441.JPG
1977 here. Lol!

Dammit BangBang BangBang , I hesitated liking your original post! I was 18 when this came out. I wore the cassette out in my '82 dodge challenger! I think I remember smoking up and heading to PCB with my buds with this cassette cranked!

I'm getting old! The cool thing is my 8yr old son loves GNFR!

Back
Top Bottom