• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns of August.

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
Anybody going to the Guns Of August shoot at Marion rd. next weekend? I don't have any period guns but as a lifelong WWI buff I'm thinking of going just to see some era weapons. Anybody have any info on times or recommendations of what to expect.

Sept 10th - Guns of August Match
On Sept 10th, the 3rd Annual Guns of August Match and Machine Gun Demo is being held by Marion Road Gun Club.

The match is made up of 4 matches: 3 Rifle and 1 pistol. To be eligible for prizes, you must be shooting a period rifle or replica. FULL INFO

The match costs $30 and lunch is included. Registration opens at 7 and the match should be starting at 8. The machine gun demo will start in the afternoon.

4c987a6c-6d54-4a23-a70e-bd0ab7f65ecf.jpg

3472d993-a7ec-433e-8118-9cc65bc41bd6.jpg

During WW1 when the bodies of the dead were caught and hung in the wire, a German machine gun would rip down the line of bodies in the wire causing them to "dance". The machine guns were manufactured at Spandau and other places--Spandau Ballet.

My grandfather served in France in the war. I grew up hearing about the western front and reading old Legion magazines. I believe joining the Legion had more to do with that than my own military service.

Back
Top Bottom