• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunsmiths

AO returned a like new Colt Commander they had for a SEAR adjustment that did not fire. They messed up the Series 80 firing pin safety. Stryke donated about 2 hours of his time putting Humpty Dumpy Colt Commander 1911 back together again.

Thank you again Guy.

Anyone used Ray and Moss Pawn??? I'm thinking of taking him my AK to be threaded. Need some good feedback before I trust a gunsmith, I have read to many bad stories on these threads...

The main problem with recommendations is people will sometimes state that a person is the " best" or "a master" after only having one or two things done correctly. Has anybody got an actual gunsmith they have dealt with for 25- yrs or so ? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but the statement made .."gun smithing is a dying art" rings all too true.
Just looking for dependable information, I've gotten to trust some of the stuff I've seen on here. Lol

Neal did a good job on beavertail install on a SA 1911 GI, but a friend took his there for the same work after seeing mine and Neal fouled it up bad. True gunsmithing is a dying art, mainly due to lack of work, cheaper (replaceable) guns, regulations, etc.

He also jacked up a VERY simple cut and crown job on a Rossi break action single shot rifle of mine. Since it has a handguard retention "fitting" that is threaded welded to the barrel he could not put it into his lathe. So he hack-saws it, holds up the barrel end to a belt-sander and then charges me $35. Well it ain't NEAR square so I take it back and watch as he does it again with the belt sander. I ask him why he can't make a brass guide for a spot-face cutter to at least make the barrel end perpindicular to the bore and he looks at me like I'm crazy. I take my rifle and that's the last I went there. I ask a machinist at work to turn me down a .356 guide for a spot-face I have and that's what I did. Shoulda done it myself to begin with!!!

Back
Top Bottom