• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gussied Up 10/22 vs. Ruger Precision Rimfire vs. "Whatcha got?"

These are some drop charts I found and thought I would share.
I have tried several of the brands listed and they are very close, within a couple of clicks in elevation.

Attachments

• 22 LR Trajectory Charts (5).pdf
    234.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 22 LR Trajectory Charts (3).pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 11
These are some drop charts I found and thought I would share.
I have tried several of the brands listed and they are very close, within a couple of clicks in elevation.
Can also just put a free app on your phone or on the internet. Put in YOUR data and get good numbers. Garbage in = garbage out.

My Brownells receiver with 16 inch threaded barrel arrived at Cherokee Gun & Pawn.
I need to get up there to pick it up. Still not sure what stock and other accessories I will used to complete the project. Very curious how this 16 inch bull barrel will perform.

My Brownells receiver with 16 inch threaded barrel arrived at Cherokee Gun & Pawn.
I need to get up there to pick it up. Still not sure what stock and other accessories I will used to complete the project. Very curious how this 16 inch bull barrel will perform.
Congrats! Waiting for the full range report. It will be fun to build this up and give it a trial!

Let us know how it does! It's been on my list since it was launched.

Gun #1 - Ruger 10/22 with all the fancy Kidd stuff:

Federal 36 gr Copper Jacket HP, 1260 fps.

From a distance of 50 feet (approx. 17 yards):

With the scope set at 50 yards I shot 5 shots at the center X with Federal ammo. The grouping was fantastic and lower than I expected based on the ballistic chart provided by Nikon, but otherwise very good.

With the scope set at 100 yards I shot 5 shots at the center X with Federal ammo. The pictures speaks for itself.

View attachment 1627785

CCI Standard Velocity 40 gr Round Nose, 1070 fps.

I set the scope back to 50 yards zero and shot 5 rounds.

I set the scope to 100 yards zero and shot 5 rounds.

Results are below.

View attachment 1627807
Where's the 200 and 300 yards ??

View attachment 1753361 Only cause I like to see that drool flowing out of Gadgets mouth.I shot this target in competiton at 50 yrds with one of these 3 rifles recently,All 3 are capable of doing so at 50 yrds with the right ammo and Indian behind the arrow,Top pic a Fajen thumbhole stocked U.S.M.C. 40x,2nd pic another Fajen Remington Thumbhole M37 I shoot in prone competitions,and another custom Brian Voelker built 40X in a benchrest stock.You guys wanna ask prices OK,1 of the 40X cost me about $600 to start,the 37 about the same,the other 40X is a rare rifle one of only 397 made.It could sell for $1800-2000,but I stole it for about $900 yrs ago and it has only gone up in value as have the other 2 from when I purchased them.Your rifles IMO while very nice won't rise in value much if at all over the couse of yrs shooting,altering them even lowers their value.So while it is nice to say a thousand dollar gun cannot be compared actually all of mine originally cost less than a grand and are now and will only continue to rise in value,just food for thought guys,not criticising your fine rifles.Just think more about where you want to go with them in the future.They should be an investment to hand down or sell if needed and good ones like these will retain their value much lomger and increase over time.Just a little thought provocation there for you to think about .OK Gadgets you can quit drooling I know you have seen the 1 or 2.Ya need to come to a match at Chickenfoot,the owner has several benchrest stocked 40X's,custom smithed,custom barreled, for sale in the $1800 to 2200 range,better get one it won't lose valueView attachment 1753358 View attachment 1753359 View attachment 1753360
Awesome shooting and perspective bro. I need to break out the 52B soon rather thank all the new toys. :)

Back
Top Bottom