• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guy accidentally shot himself in the leg at Conyers gun show today...

The problem is that gun haters feed on that kind of statement, they do not hear what you meant to say or to what you meant for them to hear.

Which is exactly why the people in the gun community should AT THE LEAST learn & follow the 4 Primary Safety Rules.
It has ceased to amaze me the number of people, mainly men, who have "been around guns my whole life" & "don't need no training" that don't know or at least don't follow the most basic safety rules.
Sure... anyone can have an accident but those who make a habit of handling their guns in an unsafe manner are at much higher risk.
When these incidents happen they give "ammo" to the anti-gun proponents. Ignoring the problem does not make it go away.

That's the biggest problem with gun shows, form what I have seen - not the guns in the show themselves, but the ones people bring with them. They either have to unholster and leave it in the car or unload in the car and reload when they get back. If you can't do that safely, you have no business with a firearm, but it greatly increases the risk of a ND.

It does make you wonder if the forced disarmament that they do at the gun show entrances contributes to accidents outside as people load/unload.

My question is the semantics or wording of the story. Moving a "HOLSTERED" gun........how does one do this while in a holster??? I understand while trying to re-holster or while un-holstering...............is it just me??

My question is the semantics or wording of the story. Moving a "HOLSTERED" gun........how does one do this while in a holster??? I understand while trying to re-holster or while un-holstering...............is it just me??

The gun was mad because it was left in the glove compartment and lashed out.

Generally, when a trigger is pulled. ..the gun goes bang. So in theory, its good to not pull the trigger unless you are ready to shoot in a safe direction. At least thats my approach and has worked thus far.

yeah, I doubt he was just moving a gun around that was properly holstered. More like "I pulled the trigger on my gun and suddenly it went off on accident. I dont know how it happend...did I mention I pulled the trigger?"

Back
Top Bottom