• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GWL and current address issue

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
So...

I moved to another county and I want to have my GWL address match my current address.

I was told by the county clerk I reside in that I would have to go to the county who issued it and they would change it for me.

The county clerk I lived in said the Judge won’t change it because it’s not necessary. I told her I want my address to match my residency on my permit for ease to purchase at a FFL. She said it didn’t matter and I don’t need it changed...

I requested the judge to call me so I can discuss with her my reason for the address change, but it sounds like she’s already made her mind up and won’t change anyone’s address in the old county I lived in.

Has anyone else had this issue before?

I didn't bother trying to change the address on mine when I moved. Anytime I filled out a 4473, I always made mention of the addresses not matching and they always told me to fill it out with my current address. Never had an issue, filled out many 4473s before my permit expired and I changed the address.

That being said, my DL had my correct address. I got pulled over and was told I needed to change it, so I went ahead and did it.

HTH...

Mine haven't matched for the last two house purchases/moves. I always update my DL but still have the same GWL address from 2014, which was three houses ago. My FFL never has an issue as long as the DL address is up to date. In and out in less than 10 minutes, always!!

I didn't bother trying to change the address on mine when I moved. Anytime I filled out a 4473, I always made mention of the addresses not matching and they always told me to fill it out with my current address. Never had an issue, filled out many 4473s before my permit expired and I changed the address.

That being said, my DL had my correct address. I got pulled over and was told I needed to change it, so I went ahead and did it.

HTH...
Everything above is correct. My CWL is Gwinnett, my current and Driver's license address is Barrow county. Have done several gun deals, all the 4473 needs is your current address, because a CWL isn't required to buy a gun, its just extra and avoids the NICS background check.

Back
Top Bottom