• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GWL and current address issue

I have moved twice since i got carry permit. Changed DL to current address both times. I have bought multiple firearms(over 20) at dealers. The only question they have asked is which is my current address. Until it expires there is no need to change it. Even got pulled over for speeding and handed the officer both and he didnt say anything about it

Judge called me and explained that my weapon permit is a GA license and good for the time authorized regardless of where I live in Georgia.

She told me to head on down to my current county and renew within 90 days of experation.

I guess I’ll wait till December and renew to show my current county and address for sub $40

FFL doesn't care as long as it's still valid.

I only had an issue with this out of state (Alabama) when asked for my carry license and it didn't have the same address as my DL. She told me it wasn't valid, I told her if she didn't like it she could use my Utah I.D. instead that did reflect my current address at the time. I told her in GA it didn't matter. It probably doesn't matter in Alabama either.

It's not necessary for them to match. Your drivers license is the only one that has to be current. They will ask at the FFL counter which is correct. Just make sure the current address is on your paperwork.

Mine didn't match for years and never had a problem. I'll be moving soon and it won't match once again even tho i just renewed it.

I just did mine. Just know you won't get a temporary one as you moved between counties. Counties don't share that info. Now i waited until mine expired, due to location and medical reasons.

Mine don't match. Never seemed to have a problem with FFL. Just told them that my DL was the correct address.

Also a weird thing with a renew....When I moved from Hall to Jackson a few years ago, they wouldn't let me renew. Said I had to reapply and spend $70 since I changed counties. That's retarded

Should just be a renewal not a new app.
FFls will go by your DL..and you are required by law to update your DL .within 60 days of your change of address.

Back
Top Bottom