• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

H110 and Accurate 1680 with the Lee classic press kit

Kaikias

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
This is my first time reloading and after reading some reviews I decided on a Lee Classic Turret.

My plan is to start reloading 300blk and after doing some research it seems for supersonic I should be using H110 and Accurate 1680 for sub sonic, both are spherical powders.

One of the issues the Lee perfect powder measure has is that certain powders don't do as well in it, leaks or inconsistent throws. Does anyone have any experience with the Lee powder measure and these powders? If you had issues how did you fix it? Any other tips for 300blk?

Thanks

I have a lee perfect powder measure and with h110 you do get some powder leakage around the outside of the dispenser. It's not horrible, but annoying. Depending on what you are dispensing it into, you can catch 99 percent of it with no trouble. If you plan on using it, I recommend setting up for around.2 grains lower than your target and top off with a trickler.

A word of advice if your loading for an ar, my starting point for a 147 grain bulllet was 15.0 with h110, but I could not get my gun to function reliably until 16.0. I had built 20 rounds at 15.0 before I pulled my head out of my butt and decided to work up 5 round loads increasing by .2 grains. Now im stuck with 15 rounds that I was dumb enough to crimp and probably wont be able to pul easily. Moral of the story is find something that works reliably for your gun before mass production starts.

Good luck!

I have a lee perfect powder measure and with h110 you do get some powder leakage around the outside of the dispenser. It's not horrible, but annoying. Depending on what you are dispensing it into, you can catch 99 percent of it with no trouble. If you plan on using it, I recommend setting up for around.2 grains lower than your target and top off with a trickler.

A word of advice if your loading for an ar, my starting point for a 147 grain bulllet was 15.0 with h110, but I could not get my gun to function reliably until 16.0. I had built 20 rounds at 15.0 before I pulled my head out of my butt and decided to work up 5 round loads increasing by .2 grains. Now im stuck with 15 rounds that I was dumb enough to crimp and probably wont be able to pul easily. Moral of the story is find something that works reliably for your gun before mass production starts.

Good luck!

Yup! When I started I loaded a BUNCH of .45 after testing 5 rounds or so. That load proved to be completely unreliable, and I still have a crap ton of it loaded.

Lee powder measures are dangerous. Do you-self a favor and buy a better quality powder measures and scale while your at it. It will save you tons of time and frustration in the future.

Lee powder measures are dangerous. Do you-self a favor and buy a better quality powder measures and scale while your at it. It will save you tons of time and frustration in the future.
They are only dangerous if your not measuring EVERY load, and I am. But yeah, I do need another. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom