• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hacked account alert!

Gimli2

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
Hi All,

Gimli2 checking in from Florida… it looks like someone hacked my account and posted a few things for sale. I *think* I think I put out all the fires, but if I missed something please know that I haven’t posted anything for sale in a few, well, years. Please let me know if I missed anything. I have changed my password to something much more secure, I hope.

It was sure nice to see some familiar names and remember some good meets and good trades. it sure was fun! Maybe I’ll get sucked back in again, although FTF transfers are no longer an option. Bummer.

If you think you have a hacked account, you should go and change the password for every account you have,
It would be a good idea to make each account have a different password so the attacker cannot gain access to any other account you have.

As mentioned above, you should have a unique password for every account you have, plus 2-factor authentication. It's a PITA, but necessary in today's world. The best "password manager" is a small notebook you keep near your computer--can't be hacked, and you don't have to remember 37 passwords. The 2FA thing is usually a text you get on your phone (or an email) with a code to enter. Of course, if your phone goes wonky, you're kinda screwed.

What would be the advantage of someone ”hacking” your account? Doesn’t make sense to me that someone would even need to do that.
If I had a stippled Glock and I wanted $2000 for it, I’d hack someone else’s account to post the ad in an effort to maintain my reputation. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom