• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had a decent dove hunt today.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
It was a nice opening day for dove today. I enjoyed some time afield with a buddy of mine and killed about half of a limit of doves. One of the doves was banded. I'll find out where it was banded and let y'all know.
IMG_4501.JPG

I reported the band info to the web address on the band.
The bird was a Male Mourning Dove (of course) and was banded on 7/6/16 in the same area where I shot it. It was reported to be hatched from 2015 or prior.

I reported the band info to the web address on the band.
The bird was a Male Mourning Dove (of course) and was banded on 7/6/16 in the same area where I shot it. It was reported to be hatched from 2015 or prior.

Pretty cool. I've shot my share of dove in my life and never seen or heard of a banded dove.

We had a decent shoot,way down from the past 5 years. We actually planted more acreage and had about 25 to 30% of the birds we usually have. The field usually holds 400 to 600 birds each year and this year it was holding about 150 to maybe 200.
I talked to a friend in Athens and another one down near Warner Robbins that usually have great shoots also and they reported the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom