• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hamburger meat

Go to butcher have him grind u some Chuck roast . Yeah if don’t watch a lot hamburger will filler in meat filler could be anything
The local Northside superette cuts their own meat and that's where I buy my steaks for parties and special occasions when we grill steaks. That's where I bought the last ground. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed Kroger's ground looking like gray who knows what?

For no more than I use I keep trimmings in the freezer and grind it myself with a hand crank grinder. I'd rather pay a bit more per lb at Sam's for chuck roasts and grind it myself. The "tube meat" at 93% fat is okay and the 85% fat tube meat is good for burgers (at Sam's).

Kroger is adding fillers and moisture I guarantee it. Same with chicken. Tare your scale and weigh the package with the maxi pad and plastic tray after you remove the chicken and then keep the chicken in the frig overnight and weigh the "juice" that collects in the bottom of the bowl you placed it in. Add that to the package weight and subtract that total from the label weight and then recalculate your price per lb. Sickening.

Go to butcher have him grind u some Chuck roast . Yeah if don’t watch a lot hamburger will filler in meat filler could be anything
Or if you have a grinder, do this at home. I have an attachment for my KitchenAid mixer that works fine for home use. Ground brisket is great too, when it's on sale.

If you can...grind it yourself...I know, it's expensive to start(grinder)...that only happens once!!! you will be happy with the results....when publix/kroger/ingles put ribeye on sale...buy it up, grind it up...maybe save a couple of the better steaks....the flavor of ground ribeye is unmatched...it is too expensive unless it's on sale...right now it's $9.99 at Publix....$6.99 at Kroger, however at Kroger, you don't really know where it comes from...patty some, put some in bags for spaghetti, chili, and what not...also...I do my patty's at 8oz, therefore I can use them for other stuff as well

20231217_080551.png
20231217_110931.png

I'm not buying the Kroger ground meat anymore because of exactly what the OP is talking about. We make rissoles, Australian version of a patty(worchesthire, egg, bread crumb etc into a patty) every week, and even with the bread crumbs and egg in them, they haven't been holding into a patty and disintegrating when turning. Seperating from the patty and the edges getting weirdly crunchy.
Found 10 pound rolls of ground at Austell Farmers market instead.
This thread has talked me into a grinder.

I'm soooo happy with mine...it was expensive, however, worth every penny....I'm sure I could have gotten by with a lesser model, BUT after doing my homework, I decided on the LEM #8 Big Bite...I'm looking forward to grinding some brisket when I can get it on sale....only wonder if it will be as good as the ribeye...
Of course, it helps if you have a vacuum sealer as well...yet another expense....however many folks already have one of those

Only ground beef I buy if I have a choice is white oak pastures from Elberton. Have a lot of respect for the regenerative farming Will does up there. It's at most Publix.
If you're in Middle Georgia near the Macongo, try some meat from Stone Gable Farms in Gray, Georgia.

I've only cooked hamburgers from their beef but they were OUTSTANDING both times we cooked them at the gun club. We do about a 100 each time we cook. I really can't recommend them highly enough.

1711813243957.png

Step up your game. Buy a deep freezer and buy 1/2 a cow @ 4ish dollars a pound. Better meat, quality, taste, and price.

This is the way. If anyone wants to buy 1/2 or whole beef around southwest ga let me know. My cousin raises and sells them. Processed at Jones meat in Climax Ga. Good eating and you can see the pastures the cows are raised in!

Back
Top Bottom