• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hanging out in the ER this evening...

ocean_glocker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
140   0
Reaction score
our 5 month old had a really hard time breathing tonight and then started to had a crazy cough... We decide to go to the ER and I hate going to the ER bit to Dekalb medical we went. They rushed us into a room (no long waits for us) and it turns out its Croup, a common upper respiratory problem. He's sleeping now, but did he scream his head off during the X-rays and treatment...

Everyone is gonna be ok, just thought I would share.

I went through that with twin daughters. It scares the S**t out of you. Happy your baby is doing well. God bless.

Croup can be a pain in the backside......hopefully, the little one gets some good, quick treatment and gets back home soon..

Glad to hear everything is ok I have 2 little girls when my oldest was hospitalized you feel so damn helpless it sucks my youngest had to get a chest Xray not long ago they put her in that body cast to do it made me sad she looked to me for help when I was the one holding her arms up. Again happy everything is ok things like that are scary

keep him/her calm as possible, cool mist to decrease inflammation, anti inflammatories, possible antibiotics (depending) & possible steroids (depending) & good luck. It can be scary for those not in the medical field and even scarier sometimes for those in it b/c we know all too well the cracks and dumbasses that can be in a hospital. just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are smart or worth the money you are paid. If you have any questions PM me. I'm a Respiratory Therapist and may be of some help. Again, good luck

Thanks for the thoughts... The doc just came by and she wants him to go through one round of treatment then we might be able to go home. Which is great considering the alternative is a transfer the Children's for an over night stay...

Back
Top Bottom