• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hanging stands

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
okay, I get confused looking at these things. How to you get in them? Do you climb the tree? Bring a ladder? How do you put them there? I'd like to get one, but they just make my brain hurt right now.

Some people use those screw in steps and i've climbed in a few that had bridge spikes hammered into the tree. Just depends on how comfortable you are and if you want the stand to be see real easy.

hanging stands. . you can use big nails, or railroad spikes. I used a stick ladder sold at the local wally world there was 4 , 4 foot sections that strapped to the tree once you use it to climb up , putting the hang on up was easy .

tlw1179:518240 said:
hanging stands. . you can use big nails, or railroad spikes. I used a stick ladder sold at the local wally world there was 4 , 4 foot sections that strapped to the tree once you use it to climb up , putting the hang on up was easy .

The nails and spikes are hell on equipment at my job. The climbing sticks are nice, been using some on a few stands for years.

i like the ladder sticks the best , just naming what ive seen. I have seen hang-on's used where the hunter climbed the tree limbs to get to it. The best thing to do would get you a inexpensive ladder stand , being kinda new to hunting a climber or hang on is prob not the best way to go for you

Back
Top Bottom