doubleeaglefan

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT,

Has anyone bought 'The Gun Box'?

http://www.thegunbox.com

I'm looking for any reviews, good, bad, indifferent. Is it worth the $$$? Which version did you buy? Did you mount it to a piece of furniture or shelf? Is it easily accessible? Would you recommend it?

I am not an employee of the company. I do not own 'The Gun Box'. I'm curious because I'm working on my own idea.

Thanks for your feedback.

A co-worker recently bought one. He told me he really likes it for his home defense pistol. He's not decided where or if to mount it yet. He even brought it in to the office to show it off. He said it's very reliable with his fingerprint no matter which way he puts his finger on the pad. The RF bracelet that came with the box broke and had to be held very close to the lid to operate the mechanism. The manufacturer replaced the bracelet, but it still has to be held very close to work. The RF card works a lot better than the wrist bracelet. He demonstrated it for me and it seemed very well made and sturdy. The gentleman does not have small children in his home and likes the idea of "hiding" his pistol in plain sight. He bought the one with the GPS locator in it. I do have young children in my home and after my friend's testimonial I've thought about getting one too. Except my home defense weapon is an AR.

From a cursory glance, it looks like stylish way to restrict access from young children. A brinks fire proof document box looks stronger from what I see.

Back
Top Bottom