• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone color filled a RIA 1911?

smk1026

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
That Dude
131   0
Reaction score
Ive tried to do mine. I have the laser engraved slide and it is just plain ugly but the engraving isnt very deep...has anyone successfully done one?

I gave up on it with the RIA. Tried several times never could get perfect results as it is too shallow to hold the color fill. You might be able to do better with a very fine detail brush to fill the places that wipe bare,just more trouble than I was willing to go through. Good luck.

Just spread on liquid white out and rub it in with your finger, let it dry and LIGHTLY wipe it off with a little oil on a cotton patch it takes a couple of applications and it will work. And yes the white out will stay.

Just spread on liquid white out and rub it in with your finger, let it dry and LIGHTLY wipe it off with a little oil on a cotton patch it takes a couple of applications and it will work. And yes the white out will stay.
im wanting the exact opposite the engraving was done after the gun was finished so it has a bare metal color (white almost) look Im wanting a black fill to make it less eye popping

Ive always used silver car touchup paint from walmart. They come in little bottles for just a few bucks. In my honest opinion the silver looks better than white any day even though most people use white. Havent tried it on my RIA but it looks like the letters arent very deep and are quite wide compared to glocks which work really well for color filling. Good luck

im wanting the exact opposite the engraving was done after the gun was finished so it has a bare metal color (white almost) look Im wanting a black fill to make it less eye popping

If it is in thw white a blueing touch up pen might do the trick. I think I saw them at Wally World or some such place.

I wish I could find somebody to grind the side of mine off, I like the look of the 2 tone Springfield.

clydearmory.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df78eab33da53f236a5a971b46585175c81f1a1a8.png

Back
Top Bottom