• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone color filled a RIA 1911?

I have the same issue with mine. I plan to try a little cold blue on mine to see if that at least dulls it a bit. Does anyone know if the cold blue could hurt the rest of the finish? It appears to be Parkerized, but is smoother than what I am used to seeing with Parkerization.

I tried with melted white crayon on my RIA 1911 when I had it....Fail.....they cuts aren't deep enough. then I triend model paint with a tooth pick..was a lil better but the lines are the logo were very thin. Wish i had so advise for you. Best of luck!
-Alan
ps 100 posts!!!!!

I have the same issue with mine. I plan to try a little cold blue on mine to see if that at least dulls it a bit. Does anyone know if the cold blue could hurt the rest of the finish? It appears to be Parkerized, but is smoother than what I am used to seeing with Parkerization.
youre correct they do park the ria Id like mine blued but the parkerizing is nice it gives it that military look

I tried with melted white crayon on my RIA 1911 when I had it....Fail.....they cuts aren't deep enough. then I triend model paint with a tooth pick..was a lil better but the lines are the logo were very thin. Wish i had so advise for you. Best of luck!
-Alan
ps 100 posts!!!!!
I guess ill just leave it the way it is lol

ps...want a cookie? :ranger:

Back
Top Bottom