Has anyone lost a pet to a coyote (specifically in Georgia)?

We take a chocolate lab with us he is a great warning device, he sleeps stays quiet, and when a coyote is in the area,
his hackles rise on the middle of his back from his neck all the way down to his tail...

just a simple hint as to how sometimes a best friend will react when the pests are around...

We will get Hawks circling in the back yard and we have to get the cat inside the house and they stop circling. If the cat is not close to the door we let the German Shepard out and the Hawks quit circling. I'm not saying the Hawks are trying to get our cat but when the cat comes inside they quit circling and when the dogs hanging out with the cat they will stop too. Usually she is on the deck and I think they're trying to get at the best angle.

we had a cat that would disappear for 6 months at a time. just when we were ready to call it dead, it would show back up again for a while, and then disappear for another 3-6 months.
The exact same thing happened to us.
That cat would go live another family for 3-4 months at a time.
Nothing like the loyalty of a fine cat.

We will get Hawks circling in the back yard and we have to get the cat inside the house and they stop circling. If the cat is not close to the door we let the German Shepard out and the Hawks quit circling. I'm not saying the Hawks are trying to get our cat but when the cat comes inside they quit circling and when the dogs hanging out with the cat they will stop too. Usually she is on the deck and I think they're trying to get at the best angle.

Yeah, I inherited a 6 pound dog and take care of a 2 pound toy dog, and when I see Hawks I rush the dogs in or bring out the high end pellet rifle. At, night I use a Million watt portable light to scan my yard and use all my flood lights around my house. I have not broken out my Night Vision Goggles yet but I would anything for my dogs.

Was it a Tom,my moms cat was gone for 3 months and showed back up.but yes the coyotes think cats are a delicacy.

We've also had couple times a raccoon will come in the front yard at night and the cat starts screaming to defend her food. Usually the dog notices and when we open the door the raccoon runs off. But we have a small cat, she would be destroyed by the coon but both the cat and dog are very protective of the yard and each other.

Back
Top Bottom