• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has PSA started something with their $600 "blem" GF3's?

WTF is a Romanian VSKA?
VSKAs are US, century made guns, out of mainly US parts. They are cheaper/poorer quality (and have very low rankings per legitimate reviews) so distributors call them everything under the sun to pass them off as genuine WASRs to unaware buyers. There's lots of confusions by beginner AK peeps.

I bought a GF3 a year ago when they were doing dagger bundles and still had 5% off coupons. Never shot it because life got in the way. Ended up selling it a month ago for six hundy when the poly black wasrs hit $620 and just switched over. Now the cheapest wasr is like $700 and thats a bit much IMO.

Does PSA still have the $599 entry GF3? I feel like I haven't seen it in 6 months (I've been keeping an eye out for a friend). I think the cheapest has hovered around $700. A bit much for a PSA
How does one get ahold of these 5% off coupons? Let me in on your secret

Anything psa is crap. Fine for a range toy but there is no way in hell i would use one for self defense. There qc is crap. Repaired plenty of there firearms. Quality of parts and just pure laziness during assembly will get people hurt or worse

Just for a bit of historical comparison, in 2002-2003, I bought TWO Norinco Mak 90’s, 1000 rounds of boxed Tula 7.62x39 ammo, a chest rig, a dozen various com-bloc mags including two 75 round drums for…..

….wait for it…

$700

Anything psa is crap. Fine for a range toy but there is no way in hell i would use one for self defense. There qc is crap. Repaired plenty of there firearms. Quality of parts and just pure laziness during assembly will get people hurt or worse

Not being disagreeable but I don’t think PSA is necessarily “crap”. No, I wouldn’t chose one first in a self defense or for a primary role, but they’re fine for what most of us use them for. If I have a twenty gun safe, I would not be afraid to have a few PSA’s in there…just not at the very front for SHTF.

Just for a bit of historical comparison, in 2002-2003, I bought TWO Norinco Mak 90’s, 1000 rounds of boxed Tula 7.62x39 ammo, a chest rig, a dozen various com-bloc mags including two 75 round drums for…..

….wait for it…

$700
Thanks Grandpa. Tell us how cheap a house and car was too? Did you get your good paying job by just showing up with a tie and having a firm handshake?

I kid I kid, but those were other times.

Thanks Grandpa. Tell us how cheap a house and car was too? Did you get your good paying job by just showing up with a tie and having a firm handshake?

Okay kid. It was only 20 some years ago. Sure, I went to blockbuster to rent DVD’s and logged online with a 56k dial up modem but I had to compete with 3000 other guys to get a job that paid $23k a year. New Glocks were still $500 but only came with 10 round magazines because we were still under an “assault weapons ban”, a “cheap” AR15 was $850 but full capacity magazines were only found at gun shows for $25-50 and were literally from Vietnam and beat to hell. But we were happy dammit!
365DB319-AD4B-473D-8FBD-1520BE6040E4.jpeg

Not really, back then AKs were cheap, in barrels, and about 1/2 the cost of what an AR was.
I’d bet that many of these more expensive AKs these days, were bought out of a barrel.

In the same manner that nasa would severely struggle to recreate the saturn v or france the notre dame stained glass, folks are generally incredibly competant in manufacturing methods of their time and imperfect in those of others.
The ak is very much a mid 20th century design and the soviets being more free from the profit constraints of other economic systems created very efficient and capable factories to produce them.

Imports are still the best and american aks are still catching up. Domestic aks are really just now catching up on forgings and riveting capabilities to make long lasting guns at a price that can be justified

I agree that the com-block countries had a long tradition of making serviceable AKs. Good enough for government work (literally).

Yes, US makers struggled for a while (just like the Russians did) to make a similar or better quality AK. But those days are over.

And one huge advantage the US makers have is that they don't have to run their guns through an importer to monkey around with them for 922R. They can build their guns exactly the way they were designed.

To use your example, SpaceX had to reinvent a lot of wheels that NASA had already perfected, but the result is a far better craft from every standpoint (except maybe sheer awesomeness) than the Saturn V.

Back
Top Bottom