• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heads up on Kroger

My Food Saver arrived yesterday and bags the day before. Gonna pick up several butts as soon as they go on sale..

I'm going to purchase a whole Tenderloin and I'll will seal each one with the food saver..Bride and I can just finish one together..Can't wait to try this vacuum sealer.

Pull out your meat, get it sucked it down !! :rolleyes:
(Not from me :hand:) :laugh:

Well I went this morning to the Kroger in Jasper and picked up a whole Tenderloin. Had it trimmed and cut into 1 1/4 inch filet. Also picked up two boneless pork butts, gonna rest some and then marinade the filet's. Then to vacuum pack each separately with the new Food Saver. I was surprised that not a lot of people there and the store was well stocked.

Finally used the new Food Saver and after a little trial and error found my problem..After doing a double seal at the bottom, it vacuums and seals like a charm.
Foodsaver.jpg

How do you get it to seal when it is so moist? Mine doesn't seem to want to seal anything that is really moist even on the moist setting.

That's a lot of moists.
stop the suction short so that the juices aren't sucked into the sealing area (takes a bit of practice) and then double seal the bag.

Back
Top Bottom