• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Helium mining

The person who owns that one has another nearby, and they are both killing it. I'm guessing he's not running the stock 1.2db antennae at 0 meters from the ground. Probably a 6-8dbi on his roof and he never updated the app, it's hard to get that kind of reach in that terrain without a big stick. Size does matter........

There are a few others in the area also making 4-6hnt.

$0.03 in the last 30 days.

$0.03 in the last 30 days.

I saw on that link somewhere about Dish Network using helium 5g, that's why I was asking about that.
Missed this yesterday, sorry about that....

Helium 5G is just coming online. There is a Dish network joint venture but the details are still kinda fuzzy with nothing set in stone. There are also rumors of another deal that will be announced later this month....

The 5G project is stepping into a world ruled by Verizon, T-Mobile and a few others. Helium is a very very small fish in a very big ocean. The Hardware requirements are greater and significantly more expensive, locations are critical and nobody is using Helium's service. Now for the best part of participating in this new 5G project, the coin you are rewarded (paid) with has NO DOLLAR VALUE at the moment, none, not even zero cents......

Helium is asking people, like me to step up drop a couple grand and gamble with them on this. I'm still on the fence with adding 5G rigs to mine fleet for a couple of reasons.

1) Cost. An outdoor setup will run about $3k when fully installed. Indoor 5G kit about $2500

2) Data usage. The way it will work is my hotspot will work like a cell tower to provide data to a device. That 4k movie you're streaming is burning data on MY locations internet plan.

3) No use case. Nobody is using Helium's 5g. The only way to connect is with a Helium specific sim card or E-Sim if your device supports 2 Sims. Now the device owner has to pay for 2 cell services.......

Then there's this little snag..... It's not really 5G service, just relabeled 4G due to a loophole and creative marketing.

With all that said, I may still gamble on a few 5G setups if the project gains traction.

Back
Top Bottom