• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello From Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri

can you blame the man. Big shoes to fill lol. Good story

what is it like there bout this time of year

The tourist population slows over the winter but there are still thousands (and not exaggerating) of people from all over that have second or third homes/condos here and will visit their homes often over the winter. When Covid hit last spring most thought it would slow down visitors and home buyers but just the opposite happened. The seasonal owners decided that they would just work from their Lake home since they couldn’t get out of their full time house. Record year for tourists (12 million) and homes sales topped 1 billion dollars fir the first tome ever. A billion in sales may not sound like much for people in the city but is HUGE for our area.
The waterfront bars/restaurants were open through Covid and everytime that CNN or MSNBC would send a crew here to cover the Lake being open we would get another spike in tourism.
Don’t get me wrong...Covid is a really bad thing but in our area people still had a choice on how they wanted to live their lives.

I registered here awhile back and then stumbled on this forum the other day when searching for a handgun. Spent a bit of time the last few days getting accustomed to the site and seems like a good group of people so I'll hang around for awhile.
Another Tequila Sunrise

Welcome to the forum .

That Beautiful picture look just like areas on Lake Allatoona where (you may already know ) the Show Ozark on Netflix was mostly filmed .

Have a goodin .

Back
Top Bottom