• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello from NJ

I signed up for this forum a little bit back but today was first time posting. I see most of the cool stuff is in the Georgia Classifieds but they all say shipping no. Is that the default option and some will ship or does pretty much nobody ship? Forum seems to be very active. I am a Milsurps guy and I don't mind driving so if I had to I guess I would drive for the right deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Welcome, to ODT. I'm from NYC, Brooklyn and anything you want in the form of weapons is unlawful in NJ, unless it's gear, I now live in Georgia and love it. I'm not saying you can't get any weapons here but all the paper work is just to much, I know I shipped my brother 2 guns in San Francisco, I felt like, I Was being viloted with all the paper work. Good luck

Yes NJ gun laws suck. I lived in Myrtle Beach for a couple years before I was married. It felt good to be free while it lasted. I literally got my SC drivers license and then walked across the street to a pawn shop and bought a Beretta .40. I even had a CCW in SC. I currently have CCW for Florida and Utah which most states recognize outside of the Northeast, left coast, Maryland and oddly enough SC.

Right now in NJ I am rushing to try and find my next handgun because it took 5 months to get my subsequent permits to purchase and I don't want to lose any. When I filed for them I got 3. The reason only 3 is because they expire in 90 days and you can only buy one handgun per month in NJ. I used the first on a Japanese Nambu Type 14. Looking to use the next two on a P38 and either a Nagant Revolver or Enfield or Webley Revolver. The only good thing firearms wise to come out of NJ for me was my interest in Collecting Milsurps. I got sick of all the good deals on black Rifles not being NJ Legal, so I started buying Milsurps. At least most of them are legal in NJ, except for the M1 Carbine, just another stupid NJ law. I hope to one day move back to Free America; even if it is just across the river in PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

California does require a ton of paperwork. I bought most of my collection online. For the seller they just have to ship direct to my FFL and include a copy of their FFL, C&R, or Drivers License. No paperwork required. Even if a firearm isn't NJ Legal because of say a threaded barrel or high capacity magazine it can still be sent by someone unlicensed to my FFL. He just can't transfer it to me til he has made the modifications to make it NJ Legal. Now a Rifle that is banned by name that can not be sent to NJ. Thus I don't buy Rifles marked AK or FAL but I can get a WASR or G1. The M1 Carbine though is strictly prohibited, go figure.

I own a Stag 3G with a pinned stock and blocked off 15/30 Mags and Saiga Converted AK-47 and AK-74 also with blocked 15/30 Mags. They are my only newer rifles. My next newest rifle would probably be my MAS 49/56.

Yes NJ gun laws suck. I lived in Myrtle Beach for a couple years before I was married. It felt good to be free while it lasted. I literally got my SC drivers license and then walked across the street to a pawn shop and bought a Beretta .40. I even had a CCW in SC. I currently have CCW for Florida and Utah which most states recognize outside of the Northeast, left coast, Maryland and oddly enough SC.

Right now in NJ I am rushing to try and find my next handgun because it took 5 months to get my subsequent permits to purchase and I don't want to lose any. When I filed for them I got 3. The reason only 3 is because they expire in 90 days and you can only buy one handgun per month in NJ. I used the first on a Japanese Nambu Type 14. Looking to use the next two on a P38 and either a Nagant Revolver or Enfield or Webley Revolver. The only good thing firearms wise to come out of NJ for me was my interest in Collecting Milsurps. I got sick of all the good deals on black Rifles not being NJ Legal, so I started buying Milsurps. At least most of them are legal in NJ, except for the M1 Carbine, just another stupid NJ law. I hope to one day move back to Free America; even if it is just across the river in PA.

Dude you should seriously consider moving to PA and convincing as many liberty minded people as possible to follow you. That state can still be saved. Stop giving your hard earned money to politicians who attack your values every time they open there mouths and vote in your legislature.

I agree with you 100% if it wasn't for my wife I would have left already. Trying to get her to move is the trick. I am more than willing to move across the river and commute to work in NJ 45 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom