• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello from NJ

I know the area, I married a girl from Sayreville once.... Sister is in Point Pleasant, brother is in Clark, the rest of us moved out of state. From Bayonne originally ....

and I can't imagine the hassle involved in getting a gun from us here in GA, for sure it has to be shipped to someone up there that can hold it until you come in with all the right paper work. In the 60's my Dad wanted to get me a BB rifle for Christmas and in order to do so he was going to need to be finger printed and get a firearms ID card. A Navy vet with a Secret clearance, I don't think he ever go over that, he was soooo insulted....
My parents lived a couple doors down from Bonjiovis' in Sayreville from 1968-1976. My mom still is in touch with the father. We used to own a video store in Pt Beach from 1990-98 so I know that area well.

Believe it or not buying firearms from out of state is not an issue. Seller sends to my FFL he transfers to me. If modification to make semi-auto is needed my FFL has to do it first before transferring. Firearm can not be banned by name (includes M1 Carbine).

Longguns we just need a FID which is a one time process that takes 6 months on average. After that each time I pick up firearm from FFL he has to run NICS check. Right now I have 2 longguns sitting at my FFL and waiting for a third all bought from out of state sellers from forums. If I pick them all up at once I save $60 in NICS and transfer fees.

Handguns you need a Permit to Purchase for each handgun. People usually get 3 permits at a time because they expire in 90 days and you can only use one per month. So if you buy 1 the day permits are issued you need to buy number 2 within 60 days of number 1 you lose number 3. Each subsequent permit is a PIA and take on average 5 months to get.

For the seller that is shipping they just need to include a copy of their drivers license or C&R or FFL. No other paperwork needed. I just bought a Nambu Type 14 Pistol from The Mosin Crate 36 days ago. My permits were issued 38 days ago. I have 22 days left to buy my next pistol or I will lose my third permit.

FTF NJ Resident to NJ Resident you can transfer longguns without a NICS check and just a simple form that is never sent to anyone. Buyer and Seller are encouraged to keep copy for their records only.

Even transfer of handguns can be done without a FFL and NICS check. Seller just needs to give buyer copy of permit and they both sign and fill out info about handgun. Then within 5 days seller has to send in copies of permit to state police and local police. In PA all handgun transfers have to be done by FFL. So it is the only firearm law we have that is better than PA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I signed up for this forum a little bit back but today was first time posting. I see most of the cool stuff is in the Georgia Classifieds but they all say shipping no. Is that the default option and some will ship or does pretty much nobody ship? Forum seems to be very active. I am a Milsurps guy and I don't mind driving so if I had to I guess I would drive for the right deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am working in NJ now

Back
Top Bottom