• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello from NJ

biker_bill biker_bill I was born in Jersey City. Moved to Lake Hopatcong when I was 3. Moved when I was 12 to Roswell Ga where my parents still live.

shootin4fun shootin4fun - I was born in Jersey City too! My family was from Bayonne though. My sister lived in Lake Hopatcong for years until she moved to Woodbridge and later to Point Pleasant. I left in 75 when I was 18 and joined the Corps. Met a Marine from Cumming and he brought me down with him on a long weekend and fell in love with this place. I married his sister, my first wife, mother of my 2 children and when I left the Corps in 82 we moved to Cumming. Small world, ain't it!

I was born in Jersey City too! My family was from Bayonne though. My sister lived in Lake Hopatcong for years until she moved to Woodbridge and later to Point Pleasant. I left in 75 when I was 18 and joined the Corps. Met a Marine from Cumming and he brought me down with him on a long weekend and fell in love with this place. I married his sister, my first wife, mother of my 2 children and when I left the Corps in 82 we moved to Cumming. Small world, ain't it!
That's cool! Thank you for your service! I lived in Lake Hopatcong from 75-84. I'm going to Parris Island on Thursday for a Lt Colonel retirement ceremony for my HIgh School friend. 24 years as a Marine. It's going to be cool to watch!

That's cool! Thank you for your service! I lived in Lake Hopatcong from 75-84. I'm going to Parris Island on Thursday for a Lt Colonel retirement ceremony for my HIgh School friend. 24 years as a Marine. It's going to be cool to watch!

Parris Island the land that God forgot, lol.
Bring bug spray! Those sand fleas will eat ya alive!
My sister was up at the Lake in those years, she had 3 boys, you probably went to school with one of them.

I was from the south end. Bishop Eustace HS in Cherry Hill, NJNG 1963-1969. Met a Philly girl in 1960, married in 68, still together. My mother asked me in 1976, "do they have paved roads down there?" When they came to East Cobb the first time, they almost fell over. Parents moved down in 1993, both deceased now but I know they enjoyed the Southern Life. In 1976, I was paying $1600 property taxes on a house I sold for 42K when we moved down. Now I have a house worth 300K and am paying $800. Thank you Cherokee County senior exemption!!

Wow $800 on a $300k home!!! What would taxes be without senior exemption? My parents are still in NJ and with their senior exemption they are paying $10k on a $600k home in the next town over. I am paying $10k on a $550k home. I can not wait to get out.

I tried Southern Living for 2 years, so not so sure I will be moving South. I spent a year in Winston-Salem and a year in Myrtle Beach. Seemed to me, especially in Winston-Salem, some people were still fighting the War. The cops in Myrtle Beach were terrible. Not sure if it was because I was a "******** Yankee", as I heard more than once, or if that's just the way they were there.

One time one of Myrtle Beach's finest drove me up 501 halfway to Conway and told me to get out and don't let me see you back in city limits tonight. Left me in the middle of nowhere at 2am in the morning. Granted this was BC (before children), almost 20 years ago, and in my partying days. Which also meant it was before cell phones were so prevalent. I happened to have one, but there was no reception and the battery died. That walk was not fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Parris Island the land that God forgot, lol.
Bring bug spray! Those sand fleas will eat ya alive!
My sister was up at the Lake in those years, she had 3 boys, you probably went to school with one of them.
ET Briggs then Jefferson Township Middle School in 6-7th grade. Remember the Windlass?

Welcome to the ODT. WARNO: This site is not responsible addicting habits such as for long hours spent on the computer nor the endless amounts of money spent on firearms and firearm accessories

Back
Top Bottom