• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HELP…Installing new thermostat

You'll most likely need to change the programming of the thermostat to work with the heat pump.

Had one recently that went nuts after a power blip and turned the heat on instead of AC. It had lost it's config.
I called Honeywell and they walked me through this. May be a defective thermostat.

If everything looks good now and tstat is programed and still no joy there is a small 2 amp fuse for the 24 volt transformer. It is either in the air box(most likely) or outside the the condenser.

I put the old thermostat back in and now nothing. The wife is gonna be pissed!! I have no clue what is going on and I can usually fix anything.

Did you just move the wires, or did you pull it out and get clean stips? It might as simple a broken wire just inside the jacket (solid control wire has a tendency to do that if you mess with it). Or you might have shorted something and popped a breaker or blown something in AC control board when you were moving wires around.

Did you just move the wires, or did you pull it out and get clean stips? It might as simple a broken wire just inside the jacket (solid control wire has a tendency to do that if you mess with it). Or you might have shorted something and popped a breaker or blown something in AC control board when you were moving wires around.
I just moved the wires and I killed the power to the AC before I did it.

Back
Top Bottom